Bears could be interested in trading too much for Khalil Mack

cooters22

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Raiders haven’t slammed the door on the possibility of trading the 2016 defensive player of the year. That said, the Raiders are being coy with the teams that have inquired. Recent reports have indicated as many as a dozen teams kicking tires on a possible trade.

Four teams, we’re told, are exploring the possibility very seriously"

On 8/25/2018 at 11:21 AM, Packerraymond said:

We haven't even heard the Raiders talk to Mack. Something is fishy here to me. Either the Raiders don't have the finances for the bonus, or they're dead set on him playing on the 5th year option. Which is now worth 11m not 13. I believe you can waive all the penalties he's accured if he signs a new deal, but I don't think they can be waived if he just shows up and plays the 5th year option.

Didn't the NFL just up how much teams could borrow from the league?

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Didn't the NFL just up how much teams could borrow from the league?

Not sure it matters because they are currently so highly leveraged. Mark Davis used NFL loans to cover his relocation fees ( $378 Million) and more NFL loans to launch the Raiders new stadium in LV. ( $ 200 Million in G4 money) Those are two massive loans and Raiders are surely among the top borrowers in the NFL. On top of that he secured another $ 850 million in financing from non-NFL sources to cover his share of the stadium.

That's $ 1.5 billion in loans for one of the "poorest" owners in the league.

His current stadium doesn't have the huge local revenue ( luxury boxes etc) on on par with modern facilities and his new stadium won't be generating revenue for another couple years. Its just a temporary squeeze...he will be fine in the long term. But right now, things are kinda tight.

7 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

1ec134814a3420ca263873d4942a64f8.gif

**RUMOR ALERT**

Better get this bad boy to 100 pages quick if we don't want Mack to fall into enemy hands

Probably just a rumor or a bad joke, or both.  But even the speculation of this as truth makes me wanna hurl.

Lol.  Let the Lions get Mack.  They've drafted a tight end, guard, ILB and center in four of their last five first round picks.  There's nothing they can do to compete for a Super Bowl win over the next three years with their roster and prospects.  Let them get rid of their first round pick this year and see how they like trying to build a team with an elite pass rusher, an okay QB and no draft capital to fill their dozen other holes. 

According to wikipedia:

"Khalil Mack is an active and devout Christian and spent much of his youth attending a church where his father and mother both served as deacons"

Packers should leave a message on his voicemail. It worked once before... :)

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

According to wikipedia:

"Khalil Mack is an active and devout Christian and spent much of his youth attending a church where his father and mother both served as deacons"

Packers should leave a message on his voicemail. It worked once before... :)

lol, I brought this up a while back too.

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Wouldn’t that be considered tampering? I doubt Oak is letting him shop around.

Yes. 

I still have a hard time believing Oakland is gonna trade away a guy like this.  Good pass rushers don't grow on trees.

Archived