Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

2 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Not sure how relevant it is but we beat both AFC Wild Card winners by 14+ points.

Our D absolutely shut down both teams.

We kind of made the current Titans by getting Mariota benched ad thoroughly embarrassing their offense. They've been one of the best team in football since that game. 

I think Denver could have beaten Houston in yesterday's game TBH. Buffalo was the better team but the gap at QB was huge. 

23 hours ago, BroncoBruin said:

We kind of made the current Titans by getting Mariota benched ad thoroughly embarrassing their offense. They've been one of the best team in football since that game. 

I think Denver could have beaten Houston in yesterday's game TBH. Buffalo was the better team but the gap at QB was huge. 

It's crazy that TEN's coaching staff is getting praised for saving their season by inserting Tannehill instead of Mariota.   If they had pulled Mariota sooner, we'd have faced a very different team, and likely they wouldn't have been the 6 seed, but AFCS champion.   It's not that Tannehill is elite - he just doesn't make the mistakes that Mariota constantly did.   Such a bust pick - Mariota's turtling and seeing ghosts so much now, and he never developed the eyes-up-to-extend-plays a mobile QB needs.   His lack of pocket awareness and complete inability to push the ball downfield, I really don't know if that can be salvaged anywhere.   

Having said that, TEN is a dangerous team.   If they had played BAL before, I'd give them a real shot to beat BAL.  The only problem is that the first time a team faces BAL's O, the speed at which they play is impossible to be ready for.   It's what makes SF's loss to them impressive (although it was a monsoon).   Pretty much every other team gets blasted the 1st time.  The 2nd time, if the D is OK, then there's a shot.  

I don't think HOU keeps it close with KC this time.   They beat KC with a returning Hill on a pitch count, and Mahomes with a HAS clearly limited as a pocket passer only.  Not to mention KC's pass D has really gelled (losing Thornhill really does hurt them, though).   KC got to see HOU's full arsenal with a healthy Fuller, HOU got a limited KC O and not-yet-gelled pass D.   I'd actually given TEN better odds of beating BAL than HOU with KC in KC a 2nd time.

Edited by Broncofan

9 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

Just a debate, IF Tua falls to 15, do we take him as trade bait ??

There are too many teams that need QB this year to worry about Tua falling to 15.  I doubt it falls past MIA at 5, as CAR 7 / IND 12 / OAK 13 are all reported to be very interested (and OAK rumored to want to jump the line with their Vegas move).    I'd honestly take any Vegas bet that Tua isn't there past 13. 

On 1/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, jsthomp2007 said:

Can they just lock up MPJ long term now?

the way NBA contracts work it's highly likely that MPJ will be in Denver for 7-8 years if the Nuggets want him. He has a long way to go as far as being an all-around productive player but his offensive talent is insane. can't teach size/coordination

Just to show the difference Lock was:

First 11 Weeks   Last 5 Weeks
Rate 78.4   Rate 89.1
ANY/A 4.5   ANY/A 6.0
Would Rank 33rd/34   Would Rank 21st/34

If you take away Allen's stinker against the Bills & Lock's stinker at KC:

Rate 82.4   Rate 102.5
ANY/A 4.9   ANY/A 7.0
Would Rank 32nd/34   Would Rank 11th/34
Edited by Joe_is_the_best

Here's an interesting bit. We've all been in really cold weather before but it's usually short duration. Thats why they call them cold snaps.

Well, this morning was the 6th morning in a row where I woke up to temps -25(F) or below. It was -31. Since Jan 3rd I've only had temps above -20 for about ten hours.

Gotta tell ya', this s**ts getting boring!

On 1/8/2020 at 1:12 PM, AKRNA said:

Here's an interesting bit. We've all been in really cold weather before but it's usually short duration. Thats why they call them cold snaps.

Well, this morning was the 6th morning in a row where I woke up to temps -25(F) or below. It was -31. Since Jan 3rd I've only had temps above -20 for about ten hours.

Gotta tell ya', this s**ts getting boring!

I don’t like temps below 50 on the positive side. If it wasn’t for my wife and daughter I’d be living in Phoenix or South Florida. I HATE cold weather, I don’t know how you guys in Alaska or people in the Dakotas or New England states tolerate it. Colorado, at the least on the front range, has mild winters relative to much of the country and it’s even too much for me sometimes.