Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

Here's something you'll get a kick out of. 

This year I've really cut down on guests. I just had too much work to do. It changes the dynamic here, less noise, less human smell, you get the drift. Anyway, I added another 12 X 24' bay to my place, kind of a shop/garage addition. Right now I've just got a couple of pieces of pit liner for a garage door. In the evenings I like to sit in there, fold back the doors, turn on a fan and read a book and smoke. Out of the weather, no mosquito's and the only semi indoor place I've got where I let myself smoke.

So, I'm sitting there reading, hear a bit of a shuffle, look towards the folded up door and I've got a nice size black bear (40" at the shoulder, 300lbs+-) poking his nose in. I didn't get up, just told him to go away. He did a double take, I stood up and repeated myself, then he turned and ambled off. I stepped outside, he was just strolling along, and I kinda barked "GO". He hotfooted it outta there. 

I had to start laughing. F**king bears. 

Just thought you'd get a kick out of it.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

This year I've really cut down on guests. I just had too much work to do. It changes the dynamic here, less noise, less human smell, you get the drift. Anyway, I added another 12 X 24' bay to my place, kind of a shop/garage addition. Right now I've just got a couple of pieces of pit liner for a garage door. In the evenings I like to sit in there, fold back the doors, turn on a fan and read a book and smoke. Out of the weather, no mosquito's and the only semi indoor place I've got where I let myself smoke.

So, I'm sitting there reading, hear a bit of a shuffle, look towards the folded up door and I've got a nice size black bear (40" at the shoulder, 300lbs+-) poking his nose in. I didn't get up, just told him to go away. He did a double take, I stood up and repeated myself, then he turned and ambled off. I stepped outside, he was just strolling along, and I kinda barked "GO". He hotfooted it outta there. 

You're crazy man. If I see a black bear then I am saying "go" to myself, not the bear ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

What do people make of the Packers over under wins being at 9 back on the table that seems too low for a Aaron Rodgers led team granted they have a first place schedule. But, it seems too high for a Love led team. 

They getting 9 wins with Blake?

Seems like Vegas hedging their bets.

On 7/1/2021 at 1:55 AM, AKRNA said:

When they're not with cubs, bears, especially black bears, are pretty skittish. 

Where my buddies and I go camping (up north of Red Feather in the Roosevelt national forest, real camping, not a pay-for campground) they have wandered into our site before. I woke up one morning with my girl in our tent to a bear poking around our canopy where we had a small propane camping grill (all the food was locked in my Jeep) but he caught the sent and was milling around. I took out my .45, thinking I'd fire it in the air but then saw my key fob and just decided to press the panic button. That bear took off faster than a top fuel dragster, haha. 

Edited by AnAngryAmerican

21 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Where my buddies and I go camping (up north of Red Feather in the Roosevelt national forest, real camping, not a pay-for campground) they have wandered into our site before. I woke up one morning with my girl in our tent to a bear poking around our canopy where we had a small propane camping grill (all the food was locked in my Jeep) but he caught the sent and was milling around. I took out my .45, thinking I'd fire it in the air but then saw my key fob and just decided to press the panic button. That bear took off faster than a top fuel dragster, haha. 

I like bear stories, that's a good one. 

When people visit I always give them a 2 million candle power spot and an air horn. Hit 'em with the light and horn at the same time and they'll leave a trail of bear s**t 100 feet long trying to get away.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2021 at 11:20 AM, AnAngryAmerican said:

Real camping with a vehicle?!! SMH…we hike in :)

Wrangler?