Random Thoughts

AnAngryAmerican

7 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

One thing I do know having watched that Raiders-Chargers game - Davonte Adams is absolutely not a product of Aaron Rodgers. The Out Route he ran with an inside hesi to get his DB turned around; sheeeeeessshhhh. What a player.

Edit - found it. 

Adams is ridiculous, but worth noting that JC Jackson was out. I'm excited to see Patrick Surtain II go up against him, because I think this is the year that PS2 will firmly establish himself as an elite corner in the NFL and seeing him go against top WRs in the AFC West will be a lot of fun.

• Like 1

I know no one cares about someone else’s fantasy team but I have to complain a bit here after yesterday. Here’s my team for my money league:

QB: Prescott 

RB1: N Harris

RB2: C Akers

WR1: K Allen

WR2: D. Samuel 

TE: G Kittle

Flex: C Godwin

so essentially if you want a player to get injured or post a blank let me know and I’ll roster them for you…

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MontanaBronco said:

Chargers off to a hot start. I thought last year was finally the year they would quit doing charger things and make some noise in the playoffs, but we all know how that ended up. MAybe this is the year.

51 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Nope

48 minutes ago, MontanaBronco said:

Still doing charger things. I have never seen a franchise so talented year in and year out yet so allergic to winning.

Mahomes got bailed out and should have been picked at least three times(probably more).

Replay reverses a pick that was pretty 50-50 to overturn.

Chargers pick him 3x more, but penalties literally offset them.

Chargers drop another pick that likely could have been a pick 6 (Samuel again).

Herbert makes one bad decision (in which the TE Everett was gassed after a 7 yard catch and then a 26 yard catch and run and calls to come out, and stays in - and then turns wrong way, but also risky read by Herbert) - 99 yard pick 6.

It's not quite up there with the Anthony Lynn / Mike McCoy era ineptitude, though.  Those are just bad breaks that all went against them....and for KC.  If they played that game 10x with the same players and the same play calls to begin with, I think LAC wins 8x.   

Shows the impact that being +TO, and even more so when you fail to convert inside the 5....let alone give up a TD in the process.   We just literally lived it.   

TBH, while the Bills deserve the #1 label in the AFC, the Chargers are actually the more balanced team IMO.  That D was stifling.  Just hope for LAC's sake that Justin Herbert is OK.  Chase Daniel is NOT the answer even for a few games.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Replay reverses a pick that was pretty 50-50 to overturn.

Chargers pick him 3x more, but penalties literally offset them.

Chargers drop another pick that likely could have been a pick 6 (Samuel again).

Herbert makes one bad decision (in which the TE Everett was gassed after a 7 yard catch and then a 26 yard catch and run and calls to come out, and stays in - and then turns wrong way, but also risky read by Herbert) - 99 yard pick 6.

It's not quite up there with the Anthony Lynn / Mike McCoy era ineptitude, though.  Those are just bad breaks that all went against them....and for KC.  If they played that game 10x with the same players and the same play calls to begin with, I think LAC wins 8x.   

Shows the impact that being +TO, and even more so when you fail to convert inside the 5....let alone give up a TD in the process.   We just literally lived it.   

TBH, while the Bills deserve the #1 label in the AFC, the Chargers are actually the more balanced team IMO.  That D was stifling.  Just hope for LAC's sake that Justin Herbert is OK.  Chase Daniel is NOT the answer even for a few games.

Their next game is the Jags at home. I'd probably sit him.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I really hope you guys have Amazon Prime and got to watch the game last night like this:

LIVE all-22 view, with LIVE Route tracking ?!? Holyyyyyy cow. Incredible.

Thats a great view! When they built Mile High my dad was high on the priority list having had season tickets since 63.

Our new seats were on the West side South 40 yard line, right underneath the 3rd deck overhang. That's the view we had. What a wonderful way to watch a ballgame. 

Sun at your back, weather not an issue and perfect location.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I really hope you guys have Amazon Prime and got to watch the game last night like this:

LIVE all-22 view, with LIVE Route tracking ?!? Holyyyyyy cow. Incredible.

Random question, do Amazon prime subscribers in the UK? I just watched the game on gamepass as usual but wasn’t sure if prime only have the US rights