Its pretty obvious that Myles Garrett is winning DPOY in 2018

VanS

How many sacks for Myles Garrett in 2018?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. How many sacks for Myles Garrett in 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/09/2018 at 04:59 AM

On 8/24/2018 at 3:52 PM, GSUeagles14 said:

how about they other 48 guys you got wrong. Believe me, when people see you say this guys gonna be a stud its almost a lock that he'll be put of the league in a couple years. Finally finding one that stuck after all the crap you throw on the wall isnt some kind of positive.

To ansery your question, between 5-9.

He's the kinda poster who makes tons of silly predictions and comments that are ultimately wrong, but then shines the worlds brightest spotlight on the one thing he got right.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ah, yes - when in doubt, invoke the ONE that you got right. 

I mean he only won Offensive Rookie of the Year after falling to the 3rd round.  I would call that a pretty good find.

47 minutes ago, VanS said:

I mean he only won Offensive Rookie of the Year after falling to the 3rd round.  I would call that a pretty good find.

I would call it the ONLY find you had. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

4 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Watt still has that potential IMO. I totally blanked on Kuechley winning the DPOY...doubt he wins anothsr one. 

Also somehow forgot Donald is the reigning DPOY.

Yeah, Kuechly might not even be playing in the league for long if he continues to have concussion issues, much less winning DPOY again.  Certainly has the talent to do it again but I'm just not sure he's durable enough at this point.

2 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Yeah, Kuechly might not even be playing in the league for long if he continues to have concussion issues, much less winning DPOY again.  Certainly has the talent to do it again but I'm just not sure he's durable enough at this point.

I'm of the mindset that this is a year a DB wins it - advanced analytics are taking a significant hold on football, and media types are starting to see value for a guy who doesn't get turnovers, but shuts down a teams' #1 WR. Those PFF/FO numbers will start to play into the selection process now, IMO.

Jalen Ramsey, Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes might finally get into the DPOY discussion, and for good reason.

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm of the mindset that this is a year a DB wins it - advanced analytics are taking a significant hold on football, and media types are starting to see value for a guy who doesn't get turnovers, but shuts down a teams' #1 WR. Those PFF/FO numbers will start to play into the selection process now, IMO.

Jalen Ramsey, Harrison Smith and Xavier Rhodes might finally get into the DPOY discussion, and for good reason.

Aaron Da Gawd Donald will repeat with 14 sacks 

I think the world of Garrett's talent, but unless teams are going to be using their backup T vs. him (Vatai) and also won't add extra help in the regular season, well, I don't see DPOY top 5 even in the discussion yet.   He's clearly got the talent to justify the 1.1 pick hands-down - but a strong preseason only shows off that physical talent, and that he's adapting to the scheme.  The 3rd part to elite success is the ability to overcome the extra help / adjustment D's are going to make.   

Preseason just shows that he's a 1-on-1 animal against average to inferior talents.    Teams will no doubt start accounting for him first above all else as top priority.   Just like how D's use vanilla schemes in the preseason, for guys who've not established elite level play, the O schemes won't really account for taking out emerging players.   And the opposition does want to see how well their guys handle others 1-on-1 - which obviously is a  mistake against Garrett in a vacuum.

I love the guy's talent, but DPOY is a big stretch for this year.  Let's get him into the top 5 before we start crowning anyone new.

21 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Yeah everyone has the potential to win it but we have 2 former DPOY's who are in their prime and are about twice the player Garrett is right now. Along with like 4 other top 5 edge rushers who have a much better shot on name recognition alone. 

Stop it.  That is just plain silly.  Nobody is twice the player Garrett is right now.  That's ridiculous.  Myles Garrett is an all-time great talent.

17 hours ago, ET80 said:

I would call it the ONLY find you had. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

I've been on this site a little over a year.  So that means of the players I evaluated, the maximum they have played is one season.  Not really enough time to totally evaluate much of anything.  Through one season in the NFL guys like Antonio Brown and Tom Brady were backups.  JJ Watt only had an okay rookie season. And so on. 

It just so happens that you claim my only hit thus far is the RUNNING BACK that ended up winning Offensive Rookie of the Year.  We all know running back is the position where guys have the most immediate success in the league.  So surprise surprise, my long shot pick for best running back in the 2017 draft just happens to be the guy to win Offensive Rookie of the Year.

I'm not gonna say my picks were perfect.  There are a bunch in the 2017 draft I would like to take back (though Josh Dobbs isn't one of them).  And bit more I wish I was more aggressive on (like Dylan Cole being the best LB in the class).  What I am confident though is that as time progresses that hit rate is only gonna get better.

37 minutes ago, VanS said:

Stop it.  That is just plain silly.  Nobody is twice the player Garrett is right now.  That's ridiculous.  Myles Garrett is an all-time great talent.

You said it, not me.

Archived