What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Anyone else use google Chrome? Anyone else having new tabs open but not displaying any of the most visited / favorite sites as tiles?

I've reset Chrome, turned off all extensions, and yet can't seem to get a fix. I don't want to do a full uninstall and lose all my bookmarks, but if there's some setting I'm missing, let me know. 

Or maybe Google just broke Chrome for no damn reason.

2 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Watch the Bill Burr Philly rant (again) to make everything okay. 

Thats my alarm. I wake up to that every day. 

I just watched the Colin Kap nike commercial for the first time. I was expecting something much more controversial. He basically just says dream big. I thought it was a good commercial. 

6 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Anyone else use google Chrome? Anyone else having new tabs open but not displaying any of the most visited / favorite sites as tiles?

I've reset Chrome, turned off all extensions, and yet can't seem to get a fix. I don't want to do a full uninstall and lose all my bookmarks, but if there's some setting I'm missing, let me know. 

I think you need the New Tab Assistant extension turned on?

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats my alarm. I wake up to that every day. 

I just watched the Colin Kap nike commercial for the first time. I was expecting something much more controversial. He basically just says dream big. I thought it was a good commercial. 

I'm annoyed with the entire thing, because the people who are going to crap on it are doing so because of the issue, not the ad or anything. And I just want to be able to say it was a really, really generic ad that Nike has been pumping out for 20 years without associating myself with internet slime.

The ad was basically this: 
http://southpark.cc.com/clips/ajujy5/stanforsomething
which is just way too vague.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

9 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

You shouldn't lose your bookmarks.  They are tied to your google account.  So when you re-install and sign in, all your bookmarks will repopulate. 

2 hours ago, theJ said:
11 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

You shouldn't lose your bookmarks.  They are tied to your google account.  So when you re-install and sign in, all your bookmarks will repopulate. 

Ah okay thanks for clarifying. I made a post on the Google Chrome Help Forum, but it seems like a lot of folks got hit with the same thing yesterday. There appear to be a few suggestions that I'll try out when I get home before resorting to reinstalling.

2 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Let me guess: some form of online begging? GoFundMe or whatever?

A couple setup a GoFundMe for a homeless vet, to help him get a place and transportation. It got about $400k donated to it. The vet got $75k of it. The couple got a lot of new stuff including a BMW. 

1 minute ago, cddolphin said:

Let me guess: some form of online begging? GoFundMe or whatever?

Not that. I don't have problem giving a dollar here and there at a cash register or the salvation army. I was referring to how you do something for someone and they aren't grateful for it. Like that vet did by giving that couple 20 bucks and them backstabbing him.

36 minutes ago, Jimmy Austin said:

Not that. I don't have problem giving a dollar here and there at a cash register or the salvation army. I was referring to how you do something for someone and they aren't grateful for it. Like that vet did by giving that couple 20 bucks and them backstabbing him.

Whats this story? Ive heard the one where people stole from a homeless man but not this vet backstabbing thing

1 hour ago, eagles101 said:

Whats this story? Ive heard the one where people stole from a homeless man but not this vet backstabbing thing

If i read between the lines correctly, i think he's saying the Vet should have been happy with the 75k or w/e that he was given and not care about the missing 325k.