What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

4 hours ago, MrDrew said:

A couple setup a GoFundMe for a homeless vet, to help him get a place and transportation. It got about $400k donated to it. The vet got $75k of it. The couple got a lot of new stuff including a BMW. 

They Joel Osteen-ed it? Nice.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, theJ said:

If i read between the lines correctly, i think he's saying the Vet should have been happy with the 75k or w/e that he was given and not care about the missing 325k.

What he's saying is the homeless vet went out of his way to help the woman and gave her every penny he had. However, when it was her turn to look out for him, they stole the bulk of his money and blamed it on him. What @Jimmy Austin is taking away from it is that he doesn't like to help individuals because he doesn't think they'd reciprocate or truly appreciate what he's doing. My personal outlook is that I help others because it makes me feel good about myself. I hope if I am ever in need one day, it will come back around. But even if it doesn't, I feel good about what I've done.

Edited by jrry32
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, MrDrew said:

A couple setup a GoFundMe for a homeless vet, to help him get a place and transportation. It got about $400k donated to it. The vet got $75k of it. The couple got a lot of new stuff including a BMW. 

Can't trust a person who gets a BMW. Don't get me wrong, I'd kill each one of you for an M3, but... well, I guess this actually proves my point of not trusting anyone who'd get a BMW.

• Like 1

My dad passed away last night. I'm way more pissed off than sad right now. Came home last night and the first thing I did was pour out all my alcohol so I didn't do something stupid. Son still wants to play his game today since my dad loved watching the grandkids' sports/activities. He even wrote 'Papa' on his cleats.

Amazing how strong a kid can be when he just turned 8. My oldest girl is about to turn 7 in a week, her whole world just collapsed. She cried herself to sleep on my lap. Just wish I could do something for them.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

My dad passed away last night. I'm way more pissed off than sad right now. Came home last night and the first thing I did was pour out all my alcohol so I didn't do something stupid. Son still wants to play his game today since my dad loved watching the grandkids' sports/activities. He even wrote 'Papa' on his cleats.

Amazing how strong a kid can be when he just turned 8. My oldest girl is about to turn 7 in a week, her whole world just collapsed. She cried herself to sleep on my lap. Just wish I could do something for them.

My man. I am so sorry to hear that. There arent any words to make this better. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Sorry for your families loss.

My kids were that age when mine passed. And more than anything, it scared me that they wouldnt remember him. Still years later, it punches me in the feelings whenever theyre "remember when Pop Pop this, or Pop Pop that." Then sending pictures back home to family and friends in my home country, or visits either way. Everyone of them says theres no mistaken whos grandkids they are, cause all the kids look exactly like him. Its emotional every time, but theres nothing my heart loves more than hearing those things. Hope the same is in store for you for many years to come.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

So sorry brother, can’t imagine what’s going through your head.

I never met your father nor have I met you irl, but from our interactions you seem like a damned fine man and father, and I’m sure that’s in part because of him.

I’ll be thinking of you and yours, and if there’s anything I can do, even just someone to vent to, just let me know. Hang in there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

My man. I am so sorry to hear that. There arent any words to make this better. 

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Sorry for your families loss.

My kids were that age when mine passed. And more than anything, it scared me that they wouldnt remember him. Still years later, it punches me in the feelings whenever theyre "remember when Pop Pop this, or Pop Pop that." Then sending pictures back home to family and friends in my home country, or visits either way. Everyone of them says theres no mistaken whos grandkids they are, cause all the kids look exactly like him. Its emotional every time, but theres nothing my heart loves more than hearing those things. Hope the same is in store for you for many years to come.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So sorry brother, can’t imagine what’s going through your head.

I never met your father nor have I met you irl, but from our interactions you seem like a damned fine man and father, and I’m sure that’s in part because of him.

I’ll be thinking of you and yours, and if there’s anything I can do, even just someone to vent to, just let me know. Hang in there.

Thanks guys. He had a lot of issues as a parent but I still say he did the absolute best he could for me. He was a badass grandpa. Ben had a big game today, he didn't play with the other kids when we got there, just kind of cried and went off on his own. Some of the kids and coaches asked what happened and when I told them most of them cried too. lol  My dad always took over my chair so I had to go get it and put it up for them, no one was allowed to sit in it though. All the kids signed the chair for him, so now I am minus one chair I can sit in as it is a mascot of sorts. lol He was the loudmouth fan that gave all the kids stupid nicknames that they liked, though the parents usually refused to call their own kids the names for obvious reasons. Crawdad, Curly, Andre (the Giant, not 3000), Fridge (just because he is a big kid that ALWAYS dances and he was a Bears fan too), J-dubs (Welington Wimpy from Popeye because the kid hardly eats anything but burgers), Crazylegs, etc.

I learned a lot from his lessons, a lot from his mistakes, and my older brother (9 years older) mistakes. Dad would sit me down when something stupid was done, whether it was a DUI, a car accident a friend was in, or anything else big. We'd talk and go over how to prevent it, what to take from it. Having grandkids mellowed him out a lot. He was kind of a POS as a kid, but after getting sent to juvie and seeing how disappointed his dad was he tried to make it right. Got back, made amends, helped do city work when he could for free, did volunteer firefighting for 20 years, etc. Only big vice was alcohol, but when he got stupid me and him had blows. He woke up hurting like hell and with a busted nose and then saw my lip had a few stitches from him, and after that I never saw him get drunk again. 1-2 beers and he was done.

I'll post pictures of what we made for him for two Father's Days. It is a great idea that is pretty cheap, the kids will have them in their rooms. I'm going to go clean up down there for a few hours and then will bring some of the stuff back and share the pics.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Love you brother, hate to see the bad news. 

• Like 1