What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

8 hours ago, Small Town Values said:

What have the Zoomers done now?  

Nothing overly wrong, but i was at a high school basketball game last.  It was Regionals, so the two teams are pretty good.

Well, the opposing team's student section decided they were going to chant "overrated" every time this one particular girl touched the ball (she's state ranked, all-district, etc).  Add to that, "my" team got down big early and they were just overly rowdy and abusive.

They got shut up a little later though when the "overrated" girl scored about 16 points in 3 minutes to bring the game within 3.  Would have been nice to shut them up all the way by completing the comeback, but alas, not to be.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, theJ said:

Nothing overly wrong, but i was at a high school basketball game last.  It was Regionals, so the two teams are pretty good.

Well, the opposing team's student section decided they were going to chant "overrated" every time this one particular girl touched the ball (she's state ranked, all-district, etc).  Add to that, "my" team got down big early and they were just overly rowdy and abusive.

They got shut up a little later though when the "overrated" girl scored about 16 points in 3 minutes to bring the game within 3.  Would have been nice to shut them up all the way by completing the comeback, but alas, not to be.

Ugh I was definitely one of those kids in HS though. Our team was in the Sectional tourney, so I think the winner went on to state. Anyway, the team we were playing had Eric Gordon's younger brother Evan on their team, and every time he touched the ball the student section chanted "Eric's Better!" Clap-Clap-ClapClapClap

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Ugh I was definitely one of those kids in HS though. Our team was in the Sectional tourney, so I think the winner went on to state. Anyway, the team we were playing had Eric Gordon's younger brother Evan on their team, and every time he touched the ball the student section chanted "Eric's Better!" Clap-Clap-ClapClapClap

It's always like that, and i get it.  But man, you don't hear adults chanting stuff like that.  It's always the HSers.  They're obnoxious.

Honestly i was just there to watch the game.  I enjoy a good HS basketball game, the strategy and how hard they play.  I don't enjoy the student section chants lol.

1 hour ago, Tyty said:

Think I’m done buying Nike’s. They all feel so cheaply made 

Me too.  Been buying them for years, always replacing them once/year.  Which is ridiculous considering i don't wear them to work.  

I've had a pair of Puma's that have lasted me for 3 years now.  I don't think i'll be going back to Nike.

I feel like if you are blowing through shoes every year, you either have Flintstone feet, or are carrying excess weight. That or you are trying to use an athletic shoe as an everyday shoe; something they are not built for. 

Also, if you do have an "everyday shoe" you should be replacing them often. If not, its a pathway to messed up back+hips. 

47 minutes ago, animaltested said:

I feel like if you are blowing through shoes every year, you either have Flintstone feet, or are carrying excess weight. That or you are trying to use an athletic shoe as an everyday shoe; something they are not built for. 

Also, if you do have an "everyday shoe" you should be replacing them often. If not, its a pathway to messed up back+hips. 

A shoe that's only worn 3-4 times/week for a few hours should last for a lot longer than a year.

I weight 145 lbs lol.

Also, Im gonna rant here about people buying shoes. For something that is so important, people generally are clueless about what and why to buy a specific shoe. [Worked in a shoe store for 3+ years]

When buying a shoe, the first question is "what do I want from this shoe". Each answer is going to have a bunch of further questions and begin pointing you in the right direction. An everyday shoe should be something with a strong heel and sole, good arch support, and built to withstand a multitude of elements. Then you start to ask further questions. What type of ground do you spend most of the time on? What TYPE of walker you are as well? Do you favor your heel? inside outside or big toe? Are your feet wide, or narrow? High arch, or low arch? Will you wear these at work? What type of environment is work, sitting in a chair or standing all day? What type of ground to you walk on? 

Even when buying an everyday shoe, you still need to rotate your shoes to prevent running through them. The more everyday shoes you have, the longer they will last. This is especially true of "fashion" style shoes from Nike, Puma and Adidas. They are not meant for your general walking around all day. They lack adequate cushioning, and support and the little they have will become compromised the more and longer you wear them. This will lead to back and hip problems.

The biggest mistake I see people making is trying use athletic shoes as everyday shoes. Running shoes are for running. The are designed for straightline running, and if you use them for something other than that, they are going to fall apart. The top part of the shoe essentially just holds the sole in place, and offers zero support outside of that. If you do any sort of agility work, you are going to shred them. If you wear them to walk around the mall, your house and your city, they are going to get shredded. Goes the same with trainers as well. They are meant for certain environments (gyms, courts) NOT concrete, grass, dirt and carpet. 

I don't think people realize how much stress they put their shoes through on a day to day basis. For an everyday shoe, you should be investing in something hearty, tough, and resilient. Most athletic brands don't fit that bill. (Also not calling anyone out, just speaking more broadly aboutt Americans in general). 

2 minutes ago, theJ said:

A shoe that's only worn 3-4 times/week for a few hours should last for a lot longer than a year.

I weight 145 lbs lol.

Eh, not necessarily. Depends on what you do in those few hours. Athletic shoes are supposed to be changed every 6 months to a year. Foam and fabric is great in the short term for comfort and flexibility, but not great for longevity.