What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 hours ago, Small Town Values said:

Related image

Brilliant! Fight fire with fire... 1) Infected by Rabies. 2) Contract COVID-19. 3) Let diseases wages war within body. 4) Diseases nullify each other. 5) Present results to (WHO) ~ Save humanity. 

We already know this is how it works. But you need several more diseases.

NvoEZw6.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pwny said:

We already know this is how it works. But you need several more diseases.

NvoEZw6.gif

This gif is blocked because of a dumb work internet filter, but I'm virtually 100% certain it's the Simpsons scene where Mr. Buns' diseases are all in perfect balance with one another.

• Like 4

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This gif is blocked because of a dumb work internet filter, but I'm virtually 100% certain it's the Simpsons scene where Mr. Buns' diseases are all in perfect balance with one another.

Burns: I'm invincible!

Dr.: ...uhm, no sir, actually the exact opposite. If even one of these is even slightly skewed/imbalanced than you're facing certain...

Burns: EXCELLENT!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Burns: I'm invincible!

Dr.: ...uhm, no sir, actually the exact opposite. If even one of these is even slightly skewed/imbalanced than you're facing certain...

Burns: EXCELLENT!

Burns: Hysterical Pregnancy?

Dr: I'm uh ...a little bit, yeah.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I posted this gif a couple years ago, and I’m certain you responded with this exact same thing then as well.

30 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Got a call back from a job I interviewed for & they want me to meet the VP of the department.

Don't want to assume anything, but does this mean I'm on the 1 yard line?

At least the red zone. 

• Like 1

I really don't know where else to put this because it could be posted in numerous different sub-threads, so apologies:

With the interest rates the lowest they're likely ever to be for the next decade, does it make sense to refinance your mortgage right now if you bought your house like 1.5 years ago? I get calls like every day from my mortgage lender about refinancing but I'm like 89% sure it's a giant scam. Also, I have no idea what all goes into refinancing.

57 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Got a call back from a job I interviewed for & they want me to meet the VP of the department.
Don't want to assume anything, but does this mean I'm on the 1 yard line?

Congrats, you made it through the screening.
They won't waste the VP's time on candidates with low sparq scores.

Now you need to think like a VP thinks and be prepared with a set of well-thought out questions that end up highlighting your unique awesomeness.
What are his/her goals and how are you the ONLY one of the candidates who can deliver on those goals ?

Good luck !

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I really don't know where else to put this because it could be posted in numerous different sub-threads, so apologies:

With the interest rates the lowest they're likely ever to be for the next decade, does it make sense to refinance your mortgage right now if you bought your house like 1.5 years ago? I get calls like every day from my mortgage lender about refinancing but I'm like 89% sure it's a giant scam. Also, I have no idea what all goes into refinancing.

Depends on your current rate, the rate you'd get (or a range), whether you itemize your taxes or not (and if that might change if you end up getting hitched), if you're paying PMI, if you can go from a 30 to a 15 (or if you want to), and some other stuff.

We'd need details to confirm if it's a good or bad thing.

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Exactly.
What's your current rate, the cost to get the new rate and how long yer going to own. Refi after only 1.5 years isn't all that important, people do it all the time
Usually doesn't make sense for less than .5 % reduction in rate, more is better. You're not going to get a better rate by waiting, the time is now

Its just a matter of if it costs you $ 5k in closing costs ( title, appraisal, fees) how long does it take to recoup that investment ?
In some cases, you might be better off throwing that 5 k into the principal ( to avoid PMI for example)

Also, I don't do business with anybody that reached out to me via telemarketing.
Those are loaded with scammers and in order to help you, they are going to need a lot of very personal and powerful information from you.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Depends on your current rate, the rate you'd get (or a range), whether you itemize your taxes or not (and if that might change if you end up getting hitched), if you're paying PMI, if you can go from a 30 to a 15 (or if you want to), and some other stuff.

Some of my answers are below, but I don't itemize my taxes but I will be getting married in 5 months and not sure if we'll be itemizing after that. PMI is a no, I think you only pay that if you put less than 10% down, right? We put well over that down. Not sure if I can go to a 15y, guess it depends.

7 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

Exactly.
What's your current rate, the cost to get the new rate and how long yer going to own. Refi after only 1.5 years isn't all that important, people do it all the time
Usually doesn't make sense for less than .5 % reduction in rate, more is better. You're not going to get a better rate by waiting, the time is now

Its just a matter of if it costs you $ 5k in closing costs ( title, appraisal, fees) how long does it take to recoup that investment ?
In some cases, you might be better off throwing that 5 k into the principal ( to avoid PMI for example)

Also, I don't do business with anybody that reached out to me via telemarketing.
Those are loaded with scammers and in order to help you, they are going to need a lot of very personal and powerful information from you.

My current rate is 4.75%, and rates right now are around 3.3% IIRC? My loan right now is 30y and it'll probably stay that way. 

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

My current rate is 4.75%, and rates right now are around 3.3% IIRC? My loan right now is 30y and it'll probably stay that way. 

I'd double check by estimating how much you might save by comparing the total interest on your current loan to the total interest+up front cost on a new loan, but my guess is you come out ahead refinancing. 

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I'd double check by estimating how much you might save including all of the up front cost with refinancing, but my guess is you come out ahead refinancing. 

So may be a stupid question, but how do you even to estimate this? Do you just have to get a quote from a company then tally it all up and see if it makes sense, or is there some other generic way?