What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

Just now, mission27 said:

Did George Washington complain about getting his recycling picked up the night he crossed the Delaware?

George Washington as a General is the single most overrated occupation in the history of America if not the world.

Any other British general could have defeated Washington, and about a dozen other generals could have won that war.

Washington did not win that war with his military prowess.  He was the luckiest SOB in maybe the history of the world.

Every single one of his military decisions was terrible with the exception of crossing the Delaware, and if he'd had it his way he would have gone back to New York instead of what essentially won the war at Yorktown.

He begrudgingly accepted the Yorktown campaign and then took all the credit for it.

I could list about 30 people more influential in America winning Independence than Washington.

Now as a President, the man was a hell of a leader.  There is probably no other man in the history of the world who could have taken that role of extreme leadership and balanced all the counter opinions to create such a level outcome, but as a war general, he was complete and total crap. 

My soon to be wife and I will be looking to purchase our first house next summer. Zero clue what I’m getting into, can anyone help in terms of what we might be qualified for price point wise? What they look into for qualification purposes

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

My soon to be wife and I will be looking to purchase our first house next summer. Zero clue what I’m getting into, can anyone help in terms of what we might be qualified for price point wise? What they look into for qualification purposes

These threads would be a good place to start. The first one is 37 pages.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

George Washington as a General is the single most overrated occupation in the history of America if not the world.

Any other British general could have defeated Washington, and about a dozen other generals could have won that war.

Washington did not win that war with his military prowess.  He was the luckiest SOB in maybe the history of the world.

Every single one of his military decisions was terrible with the exception of crossing the Delaware, and if he'd had it his way he would have gone back to New York instead of what essentially won the war at Yorktown.

He begrudgingly accepted the Yorktown campaign and then took all the credit for it.

I could list about 30 people more influential in America winning Independence than Washington.

Now as a President, the man was a hell of a leader.  There is probably no other man in the history of the world who could have taken that role of extreme leadership and balanced all the counter opinions to create such a level outcome, but as a war general, he was complete and total crap. 

That was...true, i guess.  But did you just want to get that off your chest or something?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

How much down payment do you have saved up? That times 5 is a good place to start.

You'll be qualified MUCH higher (probably 4x), assuming you have decent credit and income/debt ratio

I'm guessing real estate prices are about to drop...but lending rules are going to tighten up as the lenders ride out the storm
By next summer, things should be trending back toward normal.
Summer is a very popular time for home-buying; so be fully prepared/ qualified In April/May so you get the jump on all the other couples planning to buy "next summer" 

And use the time now to cruise real estate listings in the areas you like. It will give you a ton of good intel so you know what a good deal looks like.

Also: Everybody wants a 3/2, so if you're willing to do some work- you can buy a 2 bed 2 bath that isn't as appealing and add a Master now or in the future. You gotta be just a little smarter than the average buyers and right now you have time on your side. Use it

https://www.luxurysocalrealty.com/idx/2318-ocean-front-del-mar-ca-92014/16943609_spid/

If you put 20% down on this sweet pad, the mortgage is only $ 55, 532 per month ( taxes not included)

Edited by Shanedorf

2 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

How much down payment do you have saved up? That times 5 is a good place to start.

You'll be qualified MUCH higher (probably 4x), assuming you have decent credit and income/debt ratio

Does student loans count towards your income/debt in this situation?

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

I'm guessing real estate prices are about to drop...but lending rules are going to tighten up as the lenders ride out the storm
Summer is a very popular time for home-buying; so be fully prepared/ qualified In April/May so you get the jump on all the other couples planning to buy "next summer" 

And use the time now to cruise real estate listings in the areas you like. It will give you a ton of good intel so you know what a good deal looks like.

Also: Everybody wants a 3/2, so if you're willing to do some work- you can buy a 2 bed 2 bath that isn't as appealing and add a Master now or in the future. You gotta be just a little smarter than the average buyers and right now you have time on your side. Use it

https://www.luxurysocalrealty.com/idx/2318-ocean-front-del-mar-ca-92014/16943609_spid/

If you put 20% down on this sweet pad, the mortgage is only $ 55, 532 per month ( taxes not included)

That looks a little small to me

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Why a fireplace in California?