What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

deep thoughts from the internet

"Have you ever wondered how many fictional characters you’ve absorbed into your personality ? "

We all pick up so many lines of dialogue from our favorite movies / shows. And the way we learned everything as kids was to mimic others
By now,  we've all assimilated decades of material from all the fictional characters we've been exposed to

• Like 1

Look, I know beards aren’t sentient beings, but isn’t it odd how strikingly parallel their lives run to a human’s?

For the first 10 years of their lives, beards don’t exist, just like I didn’t to my father. Then we get hormones and get a little fiesty, just like the first pricks of our beards. We hit our prime as young adults, as do our beards. When we start to grey, so do our beards.

And then, in the end and all the same, we wither away - us and beards - into dust.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

"Have you ever wondered how many fictional characters you’ve absorbed into your personality ? "

We all pick up so many lines of dialogue from our favorite movies / shows. And the way we learned everything as kids was to mimic others
By now,  we've all assimilated decades of material from all the fictional characters we've been exposed to

Waaaazzzuuupppppppppp

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

sometimes even user names

MV5BMjczMzI4ODUwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDAy

On 15/04/2020 at 8:01 AM, Dome said:

Stuff can get nasty when dealing with this. Good luck as your family deals with it.

My grandma had a BEAUTIFUL property with an amazing view. The fight over that property tore the family in half in irreparable ways. Hope you guys fair better.

Yeah.  It's absolutely insane how families can be ripped apart when significant money/inheritance gets involved.  Been there, seen that.  Don't think things have ever been the same between my dad and his brothers after my grandma died and all kinds of ridiculous shady **** went down.

It's funny though, because...before she had the dementia, i feel like my Grandma knew that it was gonna be a **** show...so she actually just deliberately gave a couple thousand dollars to all her grandkids.  Which was pretty dope, considering almost all of us were in, or about to enter college where money goes to die.

But stuff got real ugly when she did die.  Like quiet ugly.

On 15/04/2020 at 8:52 AM, theJ said:

I will never understand people's refusal to create a Will. 

I don't think it's even really about that a lot of times.  A Will is great, but there's always some ambiguity to it.  Sometimes more than others.  There are often weird "unwritten clauses" that go unfulfilled.  Or stuff that people want that falls through the cracks.  It also always kinda depends on who the named executor is.  That can totally influence the process.

Part of the problem with a last will and testament, is that unless it's anal-retentive detailed and ironclad legally...it can be subject to interpretation, and obviously the drawback to a document for after you're dead...is that you're no longer there to actually interpret it.

On 16/04/2020 at 12:17 PM, Fl0nkerton said:

Never thought I'd have to ask this, but does everyone drink the milk in their cereal bowl after eating the cereal?

Why are you even eaten cereal in the first place, is the bigger question.  Like yuck.

On 18/04/2020 at 10:55 AM, Glen said:

Does anyone use those ridge/compact wallets?

If so how do you like it compared to a normal trifold?

The heck does your wallet have that many folds for?  1 fold is enough for my wallet.

On 20/04/2020 at 2:22 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/coronavirus-outbreak-us-oil-crashes-to-34-year-low-of-10-as-demand-evaporates-amid-pandemic-2215207

Holy hell. Oil under $1 a barrel?? This seems good on the outer surface but I’m sure there’s negative effects of it economically? 

My favourite part was certain oils actually being worth negative money.  As in...it costs more to ship than it's worth.  That was hilarious imo.

On 26/04/2020 at 1:22 PM, Outpost31 said:

You ever look at grass or river rock at a place like Walmart and wonder if you would get arrested if you stole like one piece a week?

I can 100% relate to that scene in Fun with Divk and Jane where they steal sod.  Trying to plant is a b.  I really want to steal grass.  Not a bank, I’m fine with money, I just want a nice lawn.  

Grass seed isn't that expensive, is it?  Just like...put good dirt in a place, sprinkle seed...add water.  It's not that complicated.  Like you can grow trees that way too.  Just put them in the ground properly, then give them water and let them eat sunlight and they will eventually grow a bunch.  Patience is kinda key tho.  Things don't grow overnight usually.

On 03/05/2020 at 12:13 PM, Outpost31 said:

Bears are pretty ****ing big, man. 

937eb1ebfd386b68026af56298d15524.jpg&key

I feel like growing up in Canada has skewed my perceptions on this.  But this graphic feels like it misrepresents things a fair bit.

In various cases, i've come across more Black Bears (some of them are actually brown tho) than i can count on two hands.  Mostly in vehicles but not always.  But this graphic really doesn't do a lot of justice to the actual size they can be.  At least, up north.  Skinny Sally the Park Ranger makes it look really weird.

I've only seen a couple Grizzlys, from a distance...and they're a whole different thing though.  They big.

On 03/05/2020 at 4:48 PM, Glen said:

I could beat up the one in front for sure.

tbh, probably if big energy posturing hasn't worked and it's actually attacking you, you'd better hope you can take on the middle guy too, with like...a stick you found or whatever.

Stupid bears can't use sticks.  So they're afraid of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I feel like growing up in Canada has skewed my perceptions on this.  But this graphic feels like it misrepresents things a fair bit.

In various cases, i've come across more Black Bears (some of them are actually brown tho) than i can count on two hands.  Mostly in vehicles but not always.  But this graphic really doesn't do a lot of justice to the actual size they can be.  At least, up north.  Skinny Sally the Park Ranger makes it look really weird.

I've only seen a couple Grizzlys, from a distance...and they're a whole different thing though.  They big.

tbh, probably if big energy posturing hasn't worked and it's actually attacking you, you'd better hope you can take on the middle guy too, with like...a stick you found or whatever.

Stupid bears can't use sticks.  So they're afraid of them.

Skinny Sally the park ranger is deliberately trying to flaunt her assets! 

And yeah, if that grizzly is that size, then skinny sally is 7ft3. BS on the grizzly, they're enormous. 

Edited by Hunter2_1

13 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Skinny Sally the park ranger is deliberately trying to flaunt her assets! 

And yeah, if that grizzly is that size, then skinny sally is 7ft3. BS on the grizzly, they're enormous. 

She's got some bad posture, that's for sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I don't think it's even really about that a lot of times.  A Will is great, but there's always some ambiguity to it.  Sometimes more than others.  There are often weird "unwritten clauses" that go unfulfilled.  Or stuff that people want that falls through the cracks.  It also always kinda depends on who the named executor is.  That can totally influence the process.

Part of the problem with a last will and testament, is that unless it's anal-retentive detailed and ironclad legally...it can be subject to interpretation, and obviously the drawback to a document for after you're dead...is that you're no longer there to actually interpret it.

100% if you don't have a will, your wishes won't be fulfilled.

Besides, most people don't have much in the way of assets.  So most wills should be/are simple.  It's the situations like the following that create family problems: Gramma doesn't have a Will.  She dies, leaving her estate to her three kids.  She doesn't have much, just a small bank account and her house.  House though is worth 200k.  Two of the kids want to sell the house, but the third refuses to sell for sentimental reasons.  So now the other two aren't talking to the third, and the house falls to ruins because no one is living there to keep it up.

A Will solves that, because the executor is a third party who sells it because the other kid doesn't have a say.  Most Wills of this type don't leave much to the imagination.