What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The real question is whether you toast a hamburger bun with or without butter?

I'm a no butter guy personally, the burger and topics are rich enough for me.

If you want it crunchier, no butter. If you want it crispier, add butter. Any condiments will soak into the bun more if you don't use butter, so if you want things to stay on the burger instead of soaking into the bun, use butter. 

50 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:
1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
1 hour ago, cddolphin said:

Move to Colorado. Or California. Or maybe Washington / Oregon. I hear Maine and Massachusetts are lovely.

We have weed here in Ohio too btw.

You ruined it

Probably the meanest thing i've ever heard a canadian say.

• Like 1

I either go classic or savory. Classic with cheddar, iceberg lettuce, red onion, pickles, mayo. Savory with sauteed mushrooms and onion and whatever cheese I'm feelin, occasionally some jalapenos, mayo, dijon.

Occasionally I'll make something different, but I like to stick to the couple that are easiest.

1 minute ago, Hockey5djh said:
32 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I'm waiting for the onion soup powder mix and egg crowd. I guess there aren't too many mom's on ff. Calling @Pugger

My wife does this, I don't hate it.

My mom used to, and so did a couple of my friends mom's. I hate it. Don't invite me over for burger night

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

Sounds cool. Looking forward to pics. I refinished a bike a got at a yard sale for $15. Sold it for $75 after about $50 in paint and parts. Didn't make a ton of money but it was a fun project. Mine was glossy, darker periwinkle blue on the frame with flat black fork and handlebars. 

Thinking about doing it again, our road loops around almost a perfect half mile, half uphill too so it's a perfect place to ride for excersize. 

Assuming I can keep the kids from realizing what I'm doing in the garage (shouldn't be hard as long as everything's not assembled - which basically means "don't put the wheels on till the last minute") I'm going to, at some point in the next 6 months, start hunting down frames and parts to build them bikes for their next birthday. There's a matte yellow Rustoleum I've been dying to use, that ought to look really cool on a bike frame, and I need to take advantage now while my son is still into neons.  My wife was like, "Well, why not just give him one of your old BMX bikes?" and fortunately she was joking because she knows what those are worth, even if they are largely in pieces right now.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Peanut butter on a burger is intriguing, but never enough to actually order it.

Bacon and an over medium egg ftw IMO.

It has to have a sweet and a salty component in there with it, otherwise it tends to just overpower everything.  I also kind of prefer to put it on burgers I make at home (because I can grind my own beef, thus having to worry less about bacteria and enabling me to only have to cook it to between medium-rare and medium as opposed to medium-well to ensure all bacteria are dusted).  Also... it really does depend on the kind/quality of peanut butter; the big brand stuff like Skippy and JIF that have hydrogenated oil in it as an emulsifier don't really soften/melt properly.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The LBC said:

It has to have a sweet and a salty component in there with it, otherwise it tends to just overpower everything.  I also kind of prefer to put it on burgers I make at home (because I can grind my own beef, thus having to worry less about bacteria and enabling me to only have to cook it to between medium-rare and medium as opposed to medium-well to ensure all bacteria are dusted).  Also... it really does depend on the kind/quality of peanut butter; the big brand stuff like Skippy and JIF that have hydrogenated oil in it as an emulsifier don't really soften/melt properly.

Yeah at killer burger the consistency is a lot lighter and less gooey than store bought PB. They do something to it. The pepper bacon is what keeps the sweetness from overpowering everything