What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Well that just isn't true.

Maybe not for the majority of people, but it can be for some. I won't make this about Ben Carson's politics, but he's simultaneously one of the best brain surgeons alive and a believer in some completely unscientific silliness. And he's not the only person that can compartmentalize their brain like that.

So, one thing I like about the new forum and one thing I don't.

One thing I like is on my profile, I used concept artwork from Disney's Pandora: The World of Avatar attraction as my profile banner.  Now, it gave me the option to move the photo so I have a different part of the photograph showing, which I did.  But whenever I click on it now, it shows the top of the photo and then immediately after, it switches to the part of the photo I want it to and the way it does it, I think it looks cool.

One thing I don't like is.... I don't know how to or if we can delete posts.  Oh we can still edit them, but I haven't seen anything that allows me to delete them outright.  On the old forum, there were a LOT of posts I wrote where immediately after I posted them, I thought "Well that's stupid" or "That's too hot of a take" or "Well that's just mean/rude" or "Wow, I don't want this to be on the top of the page" and I would delete them.  You could delete your posts if nobody had replied yet.  I haven't seen anything that allows me to do that here.  Additionally, on the old forum, you could edit your post without it appearing as edited if nobody had yet responded.  That is no longer the case as far as I can tell.  

Edited by Crickett

4 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

Huh...odd. I thought I saw an option to delete posts...

Moderators can delete posts, so you probably saw the option in Comparisons or in the DC forum.

Just now, EliteTexan80 said:

Moderators can delete posts, so you probably saw the option in Comparisons or in the DC forum.

I mean before I was a mod...like what Crickett was talking about.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and senile.

Freakin FOMO got me stopping at gas stations all over town in the middle of the night trying to find a pair of these stupid solar eclipse glasses. People are trying to sell them on letgo for $30

and why is WaWa popular? They send you all over the place trying to buy stuff. One place to buy food. Another to buy smokes. Another to buy gas

now Cumberland Farms. That's a great store. So many buy 1 get 1 free deals every time I buy something I gotta ask if I get anything free with it. And a walk in refrigerated section with an automatic door for the beer. I barely ever drink and I think that's awesome 

7-11 sucks too. Gotta have a cashier come get you your hotdog. Bathrooms are nasty AF if customers are even allowed to use them 

whatever though. Because you get one manufacturer on the inside who thinks it would be funny to make the whole country go blind. It's not like they have a solar eclipse machine sitting around to test the things. 

Edited by DontTazeMeBro

I'm waiting for a contract for work to come through and during that time I'm learning new programming languages or going more in-depth on stuff that I know. However, I'm listening to one that is extremely brutally bad. It's 3 years old (or more), and it feels like it's 5 years old, it's just not relevant anymore. I'm only sticking with it because it's part of the course I want to complete.