What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

16 minutes ago, theJ said:

Perhaps if they had been first to the market.  But my understanding was that once an idea had penetrated and saturated the market it couldn't be patented anymore?  Though i am very much not a patent lawyer and really don't have any idea.

Well, my buddy Google tells me people can - and do - patent blockchains:

https://clarivate.com/blog/overview-blockchain-patent-landscape/

My thoughts would be as follows: getting a patent is a very long and expensive process. Probably longer on something like a blockchain, given the maturity of the technology at this time. If you're a small company and trying to get a patent, you're risking somebody beating you to the punch, going to ICO and making your blockchain irrelevant. Given the volatile nature of the landscape, time is not your friend in essence.

Looking at the names on the list, these are organizations with tech departments with a budget that rivals a countries' GDP, with a fleet of lawyers at their disposal. Time doesn't matter to them.

That's the best I can think of.

22 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Construction going on at the office I'm contracting at. The noise level won't be annoying at all. They're in a corridor with a room or so between, and it's still extremely loud. This is going to be a fun day and upcoming week.

I manage construction work as part of my job.  We usually do that kind of stuff after hours or early in the morning to avoid disturbing the tenants of the building.  We save the unobtrusive stuff (hanging drywall, running conduit, etc) for the normal working hours.

That's what I'm thinking that they'll do, and probably be wrapping up now. That's what they did in another office building I worked at.

We'll see if they wrap it up in the next 10 minutes. That would be nice, they do have a lot of wallpaper to hang.

The death of a bachelor
O-o-oh! Letting the water fall
The death of a bachelor
O-o-oh! Seems so fitting for
Happily ever after, HOOOOO

Is there a way to get this out of my head 

5 hours ago, Tyty said:

The death of a bachelor
O-o-oh! Letting the water fall
The death of a bachelor
O-o-oh! Seems so fitting for
Happily ever after, HOOOOO

Is there a way to get this out of my head 

Yes. Google "We're the monks" and listen to that weird al galavant song like 5 times.

You will be cured from having your previous song stuck in your head

It's funny how my childhood is showing it's face in all my recent jobs. 

Ate sandwiches as a kid, worked at Jimmy Johns 

Lived in a world with glass in it as a child, worked at Pilkington (a glass manufacturer)

Fapped a lot in my life and worked at Fapco

and next I might be working at Whirlpool, and I used to make whirlpools in my grandma's pool 

• Like 1