What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

2 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

1486491041-left-foot-braking.gif

Lol thats how I drive my commute (though at a much slower speed) when its snowy and everyone else stayed home, happened a lot this winter. Just drift every corner. 

Got a crappy little 98 Subaru Legacy right now, I was going to sell it but it was so much fun in the snow this winter that I'm gonna turn it into a snow machine. My brother in law can do a 2" lift for about a hundred bucks in parts. Snow tires and a couple oversized lights on the roof rack, a couple folding shovels and we'll be off to the races. Thinking I can do the whole transformation for about $1k. It's only got 150k on it which is about nothing on a Subaru. 

12 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

I was blown away googling how many people just drive normally around town with left foot breaking. Reading some car forums, some people were arguing its safer even as a day to day technique cause your always on brakes and always on throttle so if you have to make a emergency maneuver(brake or throttle to clean space). 

I imagine it might be safer if you're someone who is already proficient at it. But meh, I'm not wasting the energy to get good. Don't know how well it'd work with a manual, either.

1 minute ago, fretgod99 said:

I imagine it might be safer if you're someone who is already proficient at it. But meh, I'm not wasting the energy to get good. Don't know how well it'd work with a manual, either.

Well actually you just move your foot from the clutch to the brake and back to the clutch and back and forth.  Tons of videos on youtube and there mostly all manual cars used in the videos. That was part of the argument for left foot braking, is that instead of resting your left foot when not on the clutch, use it to brake. 

@domepatrol91 its not a bad idea bruh, i think our winter is going to be nasty. Can't believe how mild our summer is. 

Cool thing to with a 98 legacy is that if it gets some dents or scratch if you lose control in the snow and hit something, you can drive away laughing and not butt hurt about the paint and everything. 

Also there are tons of rally trails and off roading around here, if i had the extra cash to get the proper car to do it, i would totally do it in a heart beat( i just like driving stupid fast on the road the most , but eventually i would love to get up in the mountains and back country 4x4'ing) 

Subaru's high compression engine like for the WRX, Imprezas and STI's are garbage tho. . I have heard so many experts say basically they are like rotary engines and eventually they will explode. And every one i know with that held on long enough to a WRX , STI or Impreza at some point had to replace a engine. 

Now those legacy's and foresters seem like they go forever. 

1 minute ago, Bednarik60 said:

Subaru's high compression engine like for the WRX, Imprezas and STI's are garbage tho. . I have heard so many experts say basically they are like rotary engines and eventually they will explode. And every one i know with that held on long enough to a WRX , STI or Impreza at some point had to replace a engine. 

Now those legacy's and foresters seem like they go forever. 

I'm nowhere near a "car guy" but I, luckily haven't had an issues with my Impreza engine yet. It'll be going on six years old this coming November and she's ran like a dream for me since day one. 

However, I did have a buddy who had a Forester with 20k miles on it and the engine blew.

Just now, patdt13 said:

Don't forget the Outbacks. 

Boom, thanks bruh, i was sitting here like "I know im forget another one". 

Those are pretty fun by the way. I worked with a girl on the mountain(Mt.Hood) with one and she would take me all in the back country with that thing, no problem. 

1 minute ago, Remixxxxxxx said:

I'm nowhere near a "car guy" but I, luckily haven't had an issues with my Impreza engine yet. It'll be going on six years old this coming November and she's ran like a dream for me since day one. 

However, I did have a buddy who had a Forester with 20k miles on it and the engine blew.

Impreza is sorta a general terms for a whole series of Subaru cars kinda like how the Civic is for Honda, i think it depends on the year/ trim/model of Impreza. 

I have heard of Foresters blowing to(but i think those are the high end ones with the higher compressioned motors) 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bednarik60 said:

Boom, thanks bruh, i was sitting here like "I know im forget another one". 

Those are pretty fun by the way. I worked with a girl on the mountain(Mt.Hood) with one and she would take me all in the back country with that thing, no problem. 

My sister has an outback, that thing is fun to drive in the snow.

My friend had a 2002 Legacy and thought Subaru was making great cars(which the one he had was a very good car), spoils him self last year and gets a new WRX thinking its going to be bulletproof and he does like a dozen or so highway pulls before he blew a head gasket and coil packets and all this crap and eventually needed a new engine. And the dealership basically told him "they are fast but they arent meant to be driven hard". LOL which is funny cause there commercials are nothing but WRX's doing amazing things like jumps and crazy turns at high speeds and going over dunes etc...

6 minutes ago, patdt13 said:

My sister has an outback, that thing is fun to drive in the snow.

Cool to you can camp in them comfortably. Me and this lady would go like 20 miles deep into nowhere on some back country road and just camp and do whatever and sleep in the back of that thing...  those things are truly versatile/survivor man cars. 

Edited by Bednarik60

2 hours ago, CrashMan510 said:

dude. being able to jump around pages in a thread by just typing in the # is life changing stuff. I think i'm going to go and enjoy life a bit more by getting a grilled cheese sandwich 

You using butter or mayo?