What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

33 minutes ago, MathMan said:

i look at it like giving uncle my money to hold onto so i dont do stupid stuff with it

Yeah I tend to look at it like a spring bonus that I immediately use for major house projects or immediate investment money.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Ha. Just created a barbarian in DnD with decent charisma (the dice don't lie).

Don't know why I thought that was relevant other than I did it. Also beer. And captain. 

Almost got in a fight with a guy who tried to override everything the DM said. I eventually told him to shut up. He threatened to headbutt me. I've never had that happen before. We eventually shook hands and made up. But holy headcase, Batman.

This happened a while ago and I've probably shared the story here before but whatever. During a campaign, a friend made a barbarian with high charisma but super low intelligence, like 4 or 5. The only words he would say are kill, blood, and mostly swords. He'd run into a fight yelling swords. He wielded a two handed axe. It was just a one night session but that night was a blast.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This happened a while ago and I've probably shared the story here before but whatever. During a campaign, a friend made a barbarian with high charisma but super low intelligence, like 4 or 5. The only words he would say are kill, blood, and mostly swords. He'd run into a fight yelling swords. He wielded a two handed axe. It was just a one night session but that night was a blast.

First thing that came to mind:

tickv2_by_kuropop-d98v3ix.gif

17 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I have no idea how DnD even works 

42 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

That's exactly my character. Five intelligence with the -3 debuff. All he does is swing his warhammer and grunt.

I think vodka is the best base alcohol though.  You can make so many different drinks with it.  Am I wrong?  I'm new to drinking though.  I never really drank that much before, but I've just gotten into alcohol and making drinks in the past six-ish months.  I feel like every other alcohol type is limited.  Tequila I think is only good taking shots with or in margaritas.  Whiskey has basically no good-tasting cocktails.  Also, vodka really doesn't have a distinctive taste, so I feel like there's no difference between good vodka and bad vodka. 

Anybody disagree?  I'm not trying to argue here.  I really wasn't much of a drinker until about six months ago, so I'm open to other opinions, and especially new drink suggestions.  I really dislike whiskey and darker alcohols, but I'd definitely try something if it sounded more appealing than just drinking straight whiskey or something.  I don't think anybody actually likes drinking straight whiskey, I think that's just like a masculinity thing.  That crap tastes awful to me. 

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Yeah I tend to look at it like a spring bonus that I immediately use for major house projects or immediate investment money.

tbh I've never understood why people get that freaked out. Let's say you could invest all of it at a nominal 10%/year return. With a $3k tax return, averaged over the year, you're talking about somewhere around $150 bucks. 

I'd buy "you aren't gonna owe the government ****" insurance for $150/year.

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I think vodka is the best base alcohol though.  You can make so many different drinks with it.  Am I wrong?  I'm new to drinking though.  I never really drank that much before, but I've just gotten into alcohol and making drinks in the past six-ish months.  I feel like every other alcohol type is limited.  Tequila I think is only good taking shots with or in margaritas.  Whiskey has basically no good-tasting cocktails.  Also, vodka really doesn't have a distinctive taste, so I feel like there's no difference between good vodka and bad vodka. 

Anybody disagree?  I'm not trying to argue here.  I really wasn't much of a drinker until about six months ago, so I'm open to other opinions, and especially new drink suggestions.  I really dislike whiskey and darker alcohols, but I'd definitely try something if it sounded more appealing than just drinking straight whiskey or something.  I don't think anybody actually likes drinking straight whiskey, I think that's just like a masculinity thing.  That crap tastes awful to me. 

Vodka is the best at making the worst cocktails. Like if you go to a dive bar and you know you cant order a good cocktail so you stick alcohol and soda. 

Personally i like whiskey drinks. Old fashion being my favorite. Tropical rum drinks are pretty good also. But ive never liked high end vodka cocktails. 

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You've never had good and bad vodka.  It's night and day just like any other alcohol.  Take a shot of Grey Goose and compare it to Smirnoff, and tell me there isn't a difference.

• Like 1