What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

To illustrate the two examples, we can do a quick mock up.

Player 1 picks door 1.

If the prize is behind door 1, the host opens either door. They don’t care which. Player 2 comes out. If they pick door 1, they win.

If the prize is behind door 2, the host opens door 3. Player 2 comes out. If they pick door 1, they lose. If they pick door 2, they win.

If the prize is behind door 3, the host opens door 2. Player 2 comes out. If they pick door 1, they lose. If they pick door 3 (door 2 to them), they win.

Picking against the initial guess still presents the best odds, even if the second person doesn’t know the odds.

———

The second example is a bit different.

Player 1 picks door 1 and player 2 picks door 2. The host is now forced to open door 3, whether it’s good or bad.

If the prize is behind door 1, then player 1 wins.

If the prize is behind door 2, then player 2 wins.

If the prize is behind door 3, then both lose.

59 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

The game show door is statistics run wild to be honest. 

You have three doors. You pick one. 2nd door is removed and somehow the third door has a better probability for you but would have equal probability if a second person cane in after the second door was removed. 

Or if you have two people. One picks door one, one picks door three. Door 2 is removed. So now door one and two both have a high and low chance of being right and both should change doors.

http://math.ucsd.edu/~crypto/cgi-bin/MontyKnows/monty2?0+19120

Here’s a simulator off google if you want. There’s a much better one that I can’t find but this one works. Do it once and it gives you the overall statistics for everyone who has done it. It isn’t just theoretical statistics, if you do it the results come out that 66% of the time you win if you switch. 

2 minutes ago, winitall said:

http://math.ucsd.edu/~crypto/cgi-bin/MontyKnows/monty2?0+19120

Here’s a simulator off google if you want. There’s a much better one that I can’t find but this one works. Do it once and it gives you the overall statistics for everyone who has done it. It isn’t just theoretical statistics, if you do it the results come out that 66% of the time you win if you switch. 

This also has a second simulation where the host might accidentally open the door with the prize. which is basically the same scenario as the second example given. 

I'm schrödingers tyty right now. I understand everything you guys are explaining and I've understood that from the start. But at the same time the original door seems appealing to me even though its probability is half the other door's

woke up an hour ago... rushed to campus & was late anyway. went to class got a text my taxes were rejected by the IRS for some reason. proceeded to fail a quiz and bomb a presentation. went to leave to go mourn, started car and it started violently smoking. turned car off. now getting a snack and calming down lol. ****. think i need to get it towed... figure out how to go to HR Block or something. but got class from 12-6 teeheehee. 

23 minutes ago, eagles101 said:

I could be dumb i guess. Wonder how that would work out in a test.

They state it in that wikipedia article that was offered.

Basically if you pick a door with a goat initially, and then switch, you will get a car.

If you pick the door with a car initially, and then switch, you will get a goat.

So 2/3 of the time, if you switch, you get a car.  1/3 of the time, if you switch, you get a goat.

If you never switch, 1/3 of the time you get a car.  2/3 you get a goat.

19 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

You had the same number of likes as webby on the old site, I believe. So you got that going for you.

You mean he had that going for him, since I'm currently destroying him in points 

@iPwn or anyone who knows

i need my adjusted gross income from last year

if i just had one job the whole year and don't have income from anywhere else is that just gonna be line 1 on my w2? wages, tips, other compensation. do i need to subtract things like money withheld? or just go ahead and put in the value in that first box?