What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

So I'm up for a new job. I have a family of 4. Wife, me, 2 y/o, 1y/o. I'm having a problem with this new HR lady and I don't know if it's just normal or I'm being some picky snog that is wanting more than what they should.

I sent an email asking if I can see the insurance plans that would be offered with prices, etc so I can make sure the plans cost doesn't negate too much of the extra $ I would make. She said I can't see that until I'm hired in and start. Is this common? That seems like a huge d*** move to me. Then I'd start in May and have to wait until July 1st to be eligible for insurance ( I hear having to wait a period is normal. I currently work for the school system so things have been different for me thus far with jobs/insurance). It's just a mess for me. Having the young ones, insurance is important for me. On top of that, I do professional wrestling so technically I'm at a risk every show I perform at.

5 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

I sent an email asking if I can see the insurance plans that would be offered with prices, etc so I can make sure the plans cost doesn't negate too much of the extra $ I would make. She said I can't see that until I'm hired in and start. Is this common? That seems like a huge d*** move to me. Then I'd start in May and have to wait until July 1st to be eligible for insurance ( I hear having to wait a period is normal. I currently work for the school system so things have been different for me thus far with jobs/insurance). It's just a mess for me. Having the young ones, insurance is important for me. On top of that, I do professional wrestling so technically I'm at a risk every show I perform at.

Seems like they would be able to give you that info if you had a written offer, and especially if you had already signed it and turned it in.  This must be a big company?

I don't remember not having coverage when i started at my job, but that was 8 years ago so i don't remember now.

5 minutes ago, theJ said:

Seems like they would be able to give you that info if you had a written offer, and especially if you had already signed it and turned it in.  This must be a big company?

I don't remember not having coverage when i started at my job, but that was 8 years ago so i don't remember now.

Not really that big of a job or anything. I just thought it was weird they wouldn't let me see the prices.

7 minutes ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

Not really that big of a job or anything. I just thought it was weird they wouldn't let me see the prices.

Yeah, that is kind of odd. They might not give you specifics, but you should be able to see a benefit list/information that gives you generals, it's often part of the negotiations.

11 minutes ago, theJ said:

@Tyty that case didn't do its job

1 star amazon review coming, right?

Some dumbbutt at Jimmy Johns did it back in September and it's slowly been deteriorating since. My case is just a janky Budweiser bottle opener case that cost $3 

Someone on fb is posting about taking life saving training at her church for just $25. Does that mean if you have a heart attack everyone at the church gathers around and prays to god to make it go away and then share about it on fb as much as possible to gather up as many prayers as fast as they can

51 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Someone on fb is posting about taking life saving training at her church for just $25. Does that mean if you have a heart attack everyone at the church gathers around and prays to god to make it go away and then share about it on fb as much as possible to gather up as many prayers as fast as they can

I think that's how it works, yes.

2 hours ago, TheMonarch1110 said:

So I'm up for a new job. I have a family of 4. Wife, me, 2 y/o, 1y/o. I'm having a problem with this new HR lady and I don't know if it's just normal or I'm being some picky snog that is wanting more than what they should.

Do you have an official job offer? If so they should give you a full benefits package to review. 

If you are just interviewing, etc, then no. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Do you have an official job offer? If so they should give you a full benefits package to review. 

My thoughts exactly - it's all depending on where you are in the hiring process. Sounds like there is an offer being created, but nothing formal yet. 

4 hours ago, jfinley88 said:

@iPwn or anyone who knows

i need my adjusted gross income from last year

if i just had one job the whole year and don't have income from anywhere else is that just gonna be line 1 on my w2? wages, tips, other compensation. do i need to subtract things like money withheld? or just go ahead and put in the value in that first box? 

Money withheld gets put on line 64 of a 1040, line 7 on a 1040-EZ. AGI is line 37 and 38 on the 1040 and 4 on the EZ. AGI is calculated before accounting for your withholdings.

16 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

They said they are offering me the position pending background/drug tests...

Oh well, I guess. My wife works there so I'll have her grab the info for herself and just give it to me.

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

I had toast for breakfast this morning for the first time in a long time. Toast is so good, I should have it more. I wish I had an avocado so I cold be a stereotype for some moron. 

I like a piece of toasted whole wheat with avocado and a poached egg on top