What Are You Thinking About v.CC

pwny

9 hours ago, MrDrew said:

I thought the same. I actually wind up gettin more done without people around. I turn on the TV, or a Podcast, and just go without interruption. Kinda nice. 

Now I just need to make sure my boss doesn’t realize I do it, and things will be fine.

I guess I could see that. I had to work Friday last week so I brought in my headphones and rocked out the few hours I was there. It's probably the most productive I've been at work in a while.

9 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Get up around 7:30-8am. Go to work at 10:30a and get off at 7pm. That's the training shift. Once I'm done with that I'll be 12:30p-9p M-F. It's not terrible. 

12-9 is a terrible schedule. You're missing the whole day and afternoon. Traffic is probably nothing but that's not good enough for me to ever consider a shift like that. They got you taking an hr lunch too I see. It's too long. A half hour is fine. My shift is 6-3, yeah I gotta wake up early as hell but I'm off to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steadypimpin said:

12-9 is a terrible schedule. You're missing the whole day and afternoon. Traffic is probably nothing but that's not good enough for me to ever consider a shift like that. They got you taking an hr lunch too I see. It's too long. A half hour is fine. My shift is 6-3, yeah I gotta wake up early as hell but I'm off to enjoy the rest of the afternoon. 

But it's awesome if you're single. Party shift.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Desperado82 said:

Get up around 7:30-8am. Go to work at 10:30a and get off at 7pm. That's the training shift. Once I'm done with that I'll be 12:30p-9p M-F. It's not terrible. 

I work 8-4:30 on M/T/H, 10:30-7 on W and 12-8:30p on F.

I prefer my early shifts. 

10:30-7 is my least favorite.  Too early to get much done before hand, late enough it starts impacting dinner, time with the kids etc.  

12-8:30 isn’t too bad.  If you get up early enough you have a lot of time to get stuff done.  My wife works a similar schedule (we both work from home for the same company) and on Fridays we usually take a 3-4 mile walk and I get my lifting in before work.  It’s a great way to start the day and makes working later much more tolerable.

11 hours ago, flyers0909 said:

Working from home was great, I used to wake up at 8:59 and make it over to my computer by 9. 

the next best thing is working from your office across the street. I wake up at 6:30 and am at work by 6:45 and home by 3pm every day with no commute. It's great.

• Like 1