Raiders, Bears Reach Agreement on Khalil Mack Trade

ramssuperbowl99

2 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Raiders fans are REALLY hoping the Bears suck next season. I have a feeling that pick will be somewhere in the teens, although it mainly comes down to how Trubisky develops.

Doesnt matter. With Jordan Howard and that defense, we arent getting any top 10 picks. Look what JAX did with Bortles last year or the Bills with Taylor.

Just now, ET80 said:

My memory is a bit foggy, but was Jared Allen a comparative talent coming out of KC? Remember, Mack has some serious pelts on the wall - All Pro at two different positions, DPOY, etc. I remember Allen as a really good pass rusher, but not to that level.

Allen was a first team all pro with 15 sacks his last year in KC. Pretty sure he was a year younger and had more career sacks at the time. Overall Mack was better, but same caliber, yes

5 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Trade your best player and give an average QB $70M GTD. Couldn’t be my team.

The thing that puzzles me is that the justification I saw a lot of Raiders bloggers using was that they're going to have to pay Amari next year (and he'll likely go off and be asking for in the $18m range because Gruden's offenses have traditionally always produced at least one 1000 yard receiver).  But they weren't hurting for cap-room the next several seasons and honestly, WR's are easier to replace in the modern NFL than premier EDGE guys.  But that's not how Gruden thinks and Reggie McKenzie appears as if he's been castrated of any actual personnel stroke.

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Allen was a first team all pro with 15 sacks his last year in KC. Pretty sure he was a year younger and had more career sacks at the time. Overall Mack was better, but same caliber, yes

And Allen, to his credit(?), also had those DUI's hanging over his head at the time.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

Doesnt matter. With Jordan Howard and that defense, we arent getting any top 10 picks. Look what JAX did with Bortles last year or the Bills with Taylor.

I think you're probably right. Only difference is that Chicago plays in a much tougher division than the Bills or Jaguars did last year. But yeah, I do think Chicago takes a pretty nice step this season.

Just now, The LBC said:

And Allen, to his credit(?), also had those DUI's hanging over his head.

This is true. Always forget that. 

But still, from a trade comparable chart, this was the most similar for sure. The raiders got slightly more value, as they should, but like I said, in the ball park

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Here's a comparison for you...

The Bears traded more for Jay Cutler than Khalil Mack

4 minutes ago, ET80 said:

My memory is a bit foggy, but was Jared Allen a comparative talent coming out of KC? Remember, Mack has some serious pelts on the wall - All Pro at two different positions, DPOY, etc. I remember Allen as a really good pass rusher, but not to that level.

Allen was very close to that level. Played like it the last year or two here. He was slow in getting recognized though because those Chiefs teams, and the defenses in particular, were trash.

Consensus back then was that Allen actually went for LESS than his value because his next DUI would've been a 16 game suspension.

Archived