Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

Binged the first season already. The cast may be more diverse than the games or the books, but honestly none of it really took away from the characters themselves with one exception - Triss. It's one thing to change a character's look to bring in a stronger actor/actress, but in this regard they failed in both the look and imo the talent. If she wasn't specifically called out as Triss, I never would have guessed that was her.

Outside of that, I thought the castings were pretty good, didn't feel like there was an underlying agenda being shoved down our throats, and I cannot wait until season 2.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So this series is for the book readers. They're following the books pretty damn closely. That's where the episodic nature and the time skipping around comes from. The books do it too and are very confusing to start out with.

The advice I give in knowing where an episode takes place in the timeline is to determine if there are cuts to the Lioness of Cintra in the episode. If she's in the episode, you know you're pre-Cirri. If she's not in the episode, you know Cirri is running around. If anyone is interested, I'll post the order of when the episodes take place chronologically when I finish.

@Calvert28 I'm 5 episodes in and there's been no wokeness that I've seen. The only real bit that's even visible is the actress for Triss being a mixed race woman instead of the redhead, as @sunnygsm has indicated, she's terrible. But the only reason that bothers me is that I followed the production of the show a little too much. And you know I've got a pretty discerning palate for that sort of ****ery. I'll also add that they didn't pull a single punch when they made this ****. Holy **** that third episode was absolutely ******* wild and easily as graphic as anything we saw on GOT. That **** was insane. 

@RuskieTitan is dead on. I really don't like Cavill, but he's fantastic as Geralt. It's really well done by him.

Good well i'll get it tonight then probably. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The first is pretty easily the worst episode.

The Cintra stuff was pretty awful, and campy. But Geralt in Blevikan was pretty solid. If they had spent the entire time on Geralt, and showing more of the back and forth between the princesss and the mage it would have been better. That plot line could have used more seasoning. BUT the whole point (two sides, lesser evil, the outcome of trying to not make a choice or find the third way) is a great entry point. 

If the other episodes are better, then I think Ill enjoy the series for what it is. 

The armor outside of Geralts looks like dogpoo though. Looks like cheap Halloween stuff. My biggest gripe, along with muted music. 

1 hour ago, rob_shadows said:

Just finished episode three...I know I'm enjoying a show when an episode with a legit 60 minute runtime ends and I can't believe it's already over.

That third episode was absolutely insane. They pulled zero punches in that episode. That was way wilder than just about anything I've ever seen before in a TV episode. 

Just finished the season... Perfect place to end it to leave everyone wanting more. Hope the wait between seasons for this show won't be that long.

Apparently critic reviews haven't been great but fan reaction has been much better... Which is all that really matters considering critics are just obnoxious morons in most cases... Like the idiots from entertainment weekly who gave the show an F after flat out saying they didn't even bother to watch the whole season...

Just now, Deadpulse said:

I havent seen an episode and I am drunk right now. What is happening?

Well Geralt The Witcher who is known as a mutant but sounds alot like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine kills a monster and goes to turn it in for money after butchering a small fawn.

He's told at a tavern he goes to that he wont get any money for it and that he's a mutant and should get out. Superman doesnt seem deterred and stays then some chick with red hair tells everyone who wants to fight him to back off. He goes outside to his horse and some little girl walks up to him and starts bragging about butchering animal's (I guess as practice to be a serial killer when she gets older) then tells him to go see a wizard to sell the monster parts too and unfortunately it's not Gandalf or Dumbledore. 

The Wizard who is not really the wizard he wants but appearently can do magic anyways so is like a wizard tells him to go and kill the girl who is name Renfri, the one at the bar earlier who told everyone to back off. Geralt says he wont says he wont choose any evil lesser or greater or w/e and leaves. We see a young blonde girl with piercing blue eyes that would bring a tear to Adolf Hitler's eyes playing a game with some other kids for a loaf of bread. Some knights ride up and she's taken to the castle and appearently she's a Princess, story goes on about Milfergaard trying to invade and the Queen who is Hitler Youth rally girl (don't remember her name) Grandmother is not afraid. Saying they have reinforcements coming I guess, about two minutes after this she gets news that their invading and she feels like a complete dumba**.

Fast foward to the battle  they are supposed to fight she and I guess her husband start the fight against the fierce'em Scrotum Armor Army from Milfergaard. They start getting overwhelmed, Grandmother Queen says they need to hold and her husband says they will or something like that and then takes one arrow in the eye from Head Scrotum Plum guy who knows how to perform the money shot *ba dum tss*. Then Grandmother goes crazy and charges at the guy who shot the arrow.

Next scene is Geralt talking to his horse cause I guess he's really anti social and lonely since he has the opportunity to talk to people but doesn't. Renfri shows up and says she's gonna do her own thing now then starts making out with Superman I guess cause he's Superman. Cut scene to the city where the war has finally come to Berlin or w/e it is that Blue Eye'd girl is at and her grandmother is dying cause she did another dumba** thing by charging the scrotum army without protection. She tells her granddaughter something, tells her to leave and Blondie screams so loud that the glasses start to move which I guess makes her a mutant too and the female counter part of Banshee from the X-Men. They escape and head Scrotum guy found them and is chasing them down and that's where im at right now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Well Geralt The Witcher who is known as a mutant but sounds alot like Hugh Jackman's Wolverine kills a monster and goes to turn it in for money after butchering a small fawn.

He's told at a tavern he goes to that he wont get any money for it and that he's a mutant and should get out. Superman doesnt seem deterred and stays then some chick with red hair tells everyone who wants to fight him to back off. He goes outside to his horse and some little girl walks up to him and starts bragging about butchering animal's (I guess as practice to be a serial killer when she gets older) then tells him to go see a wizard to sell the monster parts too and unfortunately it's not Gandalf or Dumbledore. 

The Wizard who is not really the wizard he wants but appearently can do magic anyways so is like a wizard tells him to go and kill the girl who is name Renfri, the one at the bar earlier who told everyone to back off. Geralt says he wont says he wont choose any evil lesser or greater or w/e and leaves. We see a young blonde girl with piercing blue eyes that would bring a tear to Adolf Hitler's eyes playing a game with some other kids for a loaf of bread. Some knights ride up and she's taken to the castle and appearently she's a Princess, story goes on about Milfergaard trying to invade and the Queen who is Hitler Youth rally girl (don't remember her name) Grandmother is not afraid. Saying they have reinforcements coming I guess, about two minutes after this she gets news that their invading and she feels like a complete dumba**.

Fast foward to the battle  they are supposed to fight she and I guess her husband start the fight against the fierce'em Scrotum Armor Army from Milfergaard. They start getting overwhelmed, Grandmother Queen says they need to hold and her husband says they will or something like that and then takes one arrow in the eye from Head Scrotum Plum guy who knows how to perform the money shot *ba dum tss*. Then Grandmother goes crazy and charges at the guy who shot the arrow.

Next scene is Geralt talking to his horse cause I guess he's really anti social and lonely since he has the opportunity to talk to people but doesn't. Renfri shows up and says she's gonna do her own thing now then starts making out with Superman I guess cause he's Superman. Cut scene to the city where the war has finally come to Berlin or w/e it is that Blue Eye'd girl is at and her grandmother is dying cause she did another dumba** thing by charging the scrotum army without protection. She tells her granddaughter something, tells her to leave and Blondie screams so loud that the glasses start to move which I guess makes her a mutant too and the female counter part of Banshee from the X-Men. They escape and head Scrotum guy found them and is chasing them down and that's where im at right now.

Image result for nice gif

• Like 1