Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

6 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I’m enjoying so far, finished episode 5 last night.  I will say I think anyone watching with no prior knowledge of the lore will probably be lost.  They don’t really explain anything.  Also the gratuitous boobs are getting ridiculous at this point.

You literally just sold me on this show. 

It was the same thing that sold me on GOT. Somebody told me there was a midget having a threesome in the first episode. So I was pretty much all in at that point. 

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You literally just sold me on this show. 

It was the same thing that sold me on GOT. Somebody told me there was a midget having a threesome in the first episode. So I was pretty much all in at that point. 

Did you play any of the games? 

12 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

There is definitely nudity in the game.  

I need you to go in nfl gen and tell skippyx that he is really dumb for saying "Marino, Brady and Wentz are all incredible QBs". Then come back and tell me more about this game. I didnt even know Witcher was a thing until Witcher 3. But at that point I figured I was too far behind to catch up.

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like this first episode was absurd at giving any back story. Someone give me cliff notes on:

Why a girl screaming breaks buildings and why he killed at that chick and then acted so surprised by the other guys comments

I told you, you're going to be lost.  The series doesn't hold anyone's hand that doesn't know the lore. 

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I told you, you're going to be lost.  The series doesn't hold anyone's hand that doesn't know the lore. 

I feel like I am going to just be totally boned on this one then. I am illiterate and as  @Kiltman and  @Danger can attest, I suck at video games. I guess I will push through for the boobs and violence. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like I am going to just be totally boned on this one then. I am illiterate and as  @Kiltman and  @Danger can attest, I suck at video games. I guess I will push through for the boobs and violence. 

I've played Witcher 3 extensively, haven't read the books. Watching with my sister who has read the books. Between the two of us, the occasional glance at a Witcher wikipedia and subtitles we're getting through it. Though I wish they would explain that the events in the early episodes are occurring in various time periods.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

To answer your questions:

- Princess Cirilla is one of the main characters of the story.  You'll find out more about her. 

- He killed that chick because she lied to him, he gave her a chance to walk away and she chose not to.  She was threatening to kill innocent people in the city in order to get the sorcerer to come out and confront her.  Geralt chose the "lesser evil" by killing her.  

- Other guys comments?  Do you mean he was surprised the sorcerer wanted to take her body for autopsy?  I don't think he was surprised, I think he was mad because he identified with the girl as being different himself and didn't want her body defiled.  

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've played Witcher 3 extensively, haven't read the books. Watching with my sister who has read the books. Between the two of us, the occasional glance at a Witcher wikipedia and subtitles we're getting through it. Though I wish they would explain that the events in the early episodes are occurring in various time periods.

This show would be awkward as hell to watch with a sister.