Really accurate book version cosplay of Triss

Game Models from 3 and 2

Image result for triss merigold witcher

Netflix Series

Image result for triss merigold witcher netflix

One of these things is not like the others

Yeah I kinda see it.

The eyes are a bit off. 

Also eh who cares they went with the best actress and best actress>accurate looks. (This varies depending on the source material but generally actor>Looks)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Went back and reread what she wrote so was trying to be accurate to what she said, sorry.

And yes it is ridiculous. When asked about the PoC casting changes, she didn't even suggest that the reason they chose was because they were the best actors and actresses for the job.

Here is why they changed them and this is an exact quote.

You may not discuss race, religion, politics, or sexual-orientation on these forums. This includes references in usernames, signatures, avatars, and PMs. 

• Like 2

Just finished up season one, going in with no knowledge of the games or books.  Thoughts:

Actually loved the non-linear storytelling, and appreciated it once you figure it out when Geralt first shows up in Cintra.

Cavill is just fantastic. Magnetic presence on screen, supreme representation of badassery. 

They put waaaaaaaaaay too much story into 8 episodes of one season.  There was enough plot for 3-4 seasons of shows.  I get it if they have a certain number of seasons in mind and want to get to a certain point by the end of season 1, but all the deaths that were supposed to have impact don't because you aren't really attached to the characters. 

Hate hate hate the cliffhanger ending.  That wasn't a season finale, that was just not finishing a story. Successful cliffhangers come when you think something is complete and then get thrown a curve, this just stops. 

The actress who played Cirri had some rough spots early, but I thought she was much better the last 2-3 episodes. 

I'm definitely in on season 2, but I agree that it's a good, but not great show. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

They put waaaaaaaaaay too much story into 8 episodes of one season.  There was enough plot for 3-4 seasons of shows.

From what I can tell the first season is only based on a few early writings from the author and there's a ton of future material available.  

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

From what I can tell the first season is only based on a few early writings from the author and there's a ton of future material available.  

That's correct. Most of the content is from the Last wish which is similar to the first season of the show - a collection of stories. It will become much more focused moving forward.

As a big fan, I absolutely loved it. I was cynical and cautiously optimistic because it always feels personal when you already invested a lot of yourself into a certain something as I did with the Witcher for years, but they really did a great job.

It's a bit difficult to start the series off because you are supposed to understand what Witchers are and care about Geralt, get to know him beyond how he seems on the outside, and the same applies to Ciri and Yen since they are all main characters and on top of that to be familiar with the world and to buy into it so quickly was always going to be a hell of a task for the showrunners.

They did a great job. One thing I also love is how magic here isn't truly OP.

How often do we see somebody pull something off at the beginning of a movie or show and pretty much show you how to beat the game but then do it never again? So the rest of the way it's always like "Why didn't you just do that thing again." Here it is clear how draining magic is so there's a cost to it. Same for Geralt and potions, they make him stronger but he can't stack them like crazy. It keeps things grounded and characters vulnerable which is the right foundation for not making it all not seem absurd.

Edited by TheChancellor
  • Like 5

So i didn't know anything about the witcher going into the show, with that said, I got hooked pretty quick though. Really liked the grim dark style of the show and the story started very interesting with really good action scenes and interesting charaters. My gripe with the show is that at times it felt too convoluted, telling too many stories at the same time while jumping from timeline to timeline and at times they didn't really explain things like why were some students being turned into eels and what not. I think if I had played the game or read the book i would have understood some things better or they could have done a better job explaining things. There were several things that just flat out made no sense to me like if Ciri is so damn important why was she just randomly tied to a tree in the middle of nowhere with nobody guarding her? Then Norgaard never cared that she disappeared??? In the show Ciri had never meet the Witcher but at the end she knew it was him right away? They never showed Yen learning to fight with a sword but she was a master at it somehow (I saw some explained it happened over time). Why didn't Mousesack not have to drink the water in the forest? He just sort of waltz in no big deal. May be I just missed somethings? Overall I liked it but in the grand scheme of things I felt that the story didn't really move along at all, I see some people say this is just the beginning of the whole story and it does feel that way.

Edited by The Third Rider

FFS I wish I was Caville. I guess I sound like him...

I hated this first time round, but probably was just frustrated I couldn't follow. Second time round is MUCH better. So would recommend another go if you found it hard to follow and gave up. Henry's Geralt is nigh-on perfect. He's a lot like Geralt in Wild Hunt. 

7/10

• Like 1

On December 27, 2019 at 9:25 PM, sunnygsm said:

My only (real) issue with Triss was the acting. Granted she didn't have much to go on, but she was not close to Geralt/Yen and it showed. The show weirdly makes the actress look older than she is. 

Triss was not close to Geralt/Yen because she was a supporting character. Based on other people's comments, I had thought she had a bigger role in the show but she's barely in it. If I didn't follow the game, I wouldn't have thought much of her at all.

• Like 1

Finally finished the show. And I liked it for the most part even though there are some serious flaws and problems. I will have to rewatch it again. Hopefully without as many life interruptions. With regards to Triss, she didn't really bother me. Probably because I didn't have the same game attachment as others. She was on par with Sabrina. And like I already mentioned, based on some of the comments, I had assumed that she had some big role but she really didn't.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:40 AM, The Third Rider said:

So i didn't know anything about the witcher going into the show, with that said, I got hooked pretty quick though. Really liked the grim dark style of the show and the story started very interesting with really good action scenes and interesting charaters. My gripe with the show is that at times it felt too convoluted, telling too many stories at the same time while jumping from timeline to timeline and at times they didn't really explain things like why were some students being turned into eels and what not. I think if I had played the game or read the book i would have understood some things better or they could have done a better job explaining things. There were several things that just flat out made no sense to me like if Ciri is so damn important why was she just randomly tied to a tree in the middle of nowhere with nobody guarding her? Then Norgaard never cared that she disappeared??? In the show Ciri had never meet the Witcher but at the end she knew it was him right away? They never showed Yen learning to fight with a sword but she was a master at it somehow (I saw some explained it happened over time). Why didn't Mousesack not have to drink the water in the forest? He just sort of waltz in no big deal. May be I just missed somethings? Overall I liked it but in the grand scheme of things I felt that the story didn't really move along at all, I see some people say this is just the beginning of the whole story and it does feel that way.

1) Tssia explained it at the end of episode 2. Essentially, the students that do not pass or "ascend" are too dangerous to return to normal society because of their inability to control the "chaos" or magic that is in them. Therefore, they serve another purpose which was to help power the Mage tower. "Sometimes all a flower can do is die." I supposed the only gripe I have with this scene is why the students just stood there and let themselves be turned into eels one by one.

2) The doppleganger monster was the one who tied Ciri to the tree. He didn't really care about her. But wanted to take on her form to find out why the Nifgard leader was so interested in her. The scene was a little confusing at first though.

3) Ciri knew Gerald right away probably because of the dream sequence she had where she hears him calling for Yennifer. Hence why she asked him who Yennifer was at the end. I'm just going to assume that's one of her newfound powers.

4) It's basically implied that the mages (The Brotherhood) do not age once they ascend. Yen even mentioned that she lived like three lifetimes. Wouldn't be surprising if she learned some swordplay during her many years of living.

5) The Mousesack scene was pretty sloppy. That I agree with you. I suppose it could be because Ciri knew him. But I'm surprised the inhabitants still didn't test him.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 2