Netflix "The Witcher" Series - Season 2 now Streaming

MKnight82

Some other thoughts:

1) I hate that the fight choreography drops off during this first season (same problem occurred with Daredevil). You go from that awesome fight at the end of the first episode to okay fight scene in the 4th episode to not that great in the remaining episodes. Wish there was a way to sustain it longer. At least use it again in the finale.

2) I'm still confused about the whole Triss complaint thing. The actress wasn't great. But she wasn't bad either. And based on my understanding, she was only a minor character in the books anyways, which this series is based on. They basically made her Yennifer 2.0 in the games until the real Yennifer showed up. I did not even realize she was mixed until someone mentioned it. Same thing with Anya Chalotra who played Yennifer.

3) Hopefully now that the first season is done, the showrunners can do a better job with the second now that they have the foundation. Hoping for more The Office style improvement in the 2nd season vs whatever happened with Daredevil.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:09 PM, Xenos said:

Some other thoughts:

3) Hopefully now that the first season is done, the showrunners can do a better job with the second now that they have the foundation. Hoping for more The Office style improvement in the 2nd season vs whatever happened with Daredevil.

The showrunner has been very active on twitter and other mediums with fans about the show. It sounds like she's listening and taking a lot to heart. Not to say she won't stick with her plan (she'll clap back too), but I expect we will see adjustments and improvements based on feedback. 

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 10:09 AM, Xenos said:

2) I'm still confused about the whole Triss complaint thing. The actress wasn't great. But she wasn't bad either. And based on my understanding, she was only a minor character in the books anyways, which this series is based on. They basically made her Yennifer 2.0 in the games until the real Yennifer showed up. I did not even realize she was mixed until someone mentioned it. Same thing with Anya Chalotra who played Yennifer.

Because chuds are obsessed with purity, and the only dopamine they can muster up is farting out manifestos about how diversity is RUINING MUH MEDIUMS; sharing them in their little chuddy circleyanks. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

The showrunner has been very active on twitter and other mediums with fans about the show. It sounds like she's listening and taking a lot to heart. Not to say she won't stick with her plan (she'll clap back too), but I expect we will see adjustments and improvements based on feedback. 

That's good to hear. They got a wealth of information to pull from. And the main problem this season, the non linearity, should hopefully be resolved now.

On 1/5/2020 at 12:09 AM, Malfatron said:

I wonder if Alt X Shift does a Witcher thing

He did a recent video where he asked fans what they wanted to see more of and this was #3 I believe so I'm almost positive he said he's planning on it. Westworld and GoT books were #1 and #2. Westworld definitely needs it. That show........

Finally started this last night. I thought the opening scene was corny af and was really worried. The following scene w/ the king and queen was equally as bad. Once the battle scene ended the show picked up big time. The choreography at the end was absolutely brilliant. Will be watching more tonight and am looking forward to it!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I watched it while working from home this week. I was not impressed.

How far did you get? I thought the first and second episode were hit or miss. The third was when I got hooked.

Edited by Xenos

15 hours ago, Xenos said:

How far did you get? I thought the first and second episode were hit or miss. The third was when I got hooked.

The whole thing, apparently.  Had it on while I was catching up on billing for a couple of days.

I honestly was only partially paying attention after about the fourth episode.  Really tropey, I thought, and the beginning was a little confusing (largely because I could barely understand most of the characters).  It was alright, but not something I'd recommend to other people.

• 3 months later...

I finally watched it this week (was hoping to read the book first, it didn't happen) and I thought it was good, not great. 7.5/10

The acting was pretty good by the main guys and I generally thought that the characters were likable. I agree that the fight scenes dropped off after the first episode and some of the VFX were not great. Also, it took a while to get used to skipping around at first but then I think the story started to blend in better.

I'm excited about the second season, but I think anyone that tries to go in with GOT-level expectations will be disappointed. There has never been a GOT and there might never be.

• Like 2

I will say that most of the elven characters (other than Dara) were pretty cringy and not well done, especially the Amazonian forest ones. Also, Ciri is not very likable. She doesn't even care what happens to Dara. Thankfully, the other characters were pretty good. People haven't mentioned Jaskier but I really enjoyed him.

• Like 1