Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

1 minute ago, PARROTHEAD said:

One of what? A 90lb girl kungfuing 100 zombies on a catwalk, to escape, brawl all night and the superhero jump and kill the main villain?

You do know ASOIAF is a POLITICAL DRAMA right? Not a Superhero movie.

Yea, you’re right. It’s should be more believable/realistic, what with the zombies and dragons and all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, flyers0909 said:

What's everyone's thoughts on Melisandre at the end?  She had served her purpose and at a couple thousand years old just decided it was time?

I didnt understand it. She took off the neck thing and went old again. Yet when she takes baths she takes it off and doesnt go old.

• Like 1

Was anyone ever invested in Beric as a character? I think they should've shown his death at the hands of The Mountain in Season 1. It would've given his reappearance more impact, and made his character less detached in a way.  He just showed up again, after 2 seconds of screen time all magic-ey. With a recast to boot. He felt like an inserted character rather than a part of the world.

The actor who played him wasn't very good either. Top 3 worst on the show: Grey Worm-Beric-Shea. Their characters always felt odd and poorly acted. 

6 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I didn't mind that part as much.  I mean, one of them goes, and all the wights they made die as well.  Why would the Night's King risk it?

I do think they missed an opportunity in the crypt though.  If the dead Starks were raised, Ned would have been raised.  They should have had a moment between Sansa and her dead dad...or mom.

I actually thought they were going to use that as an opportunity with the harp

I haven't been able to reconcile the fact that this show is not the same one it was in season 1-4. 

This episode did a lot of thing well, visually and especially the music for the episode. 

The flip side of that was the ending felt like really, really weak writing to me and really outside of some minor side characters there wasn't too many emotional moments. Theon's completion of his character arc was great though. 

The whole Night King just felt anti climatic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also, I blame John more than anybody. He did NOT have them prepared for what was about to happen.

Why prepare an army when you could have sexual intercourse with your aunt. I swear some of you just don’t see the whole picture 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tyty said:

They would’ve had to crawl through their tombs to get to his head. Since he’s like, just a head now and heads can’t exactly run around a room on their own and whatnot

I was expecting a Lady Stoneheart reference with Catelyn Stark showing up more than Ned.  That'd have been a good moment.  

3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Was anyone ever invested in Beric as a character? I think they should've shown his death at the hands of The Mountain in Season 1. It would've given his reappearance more impact, and made his character less detached in a way.  He just showed up again, after 2 seconds of screen time all magic-ey. With a recast to boot. He felt like an inserted character rather than a part of the world.

The actor who played him wasn't very good either. Top 3 worst on the show: Grey Worm-Beric-Shea. Their characters always felt odd and poorly acted. 

Do you read the books? Very tertiary character who largely only serves a couple of purposes. 

I agree about the actor... Felt he had some weird mannerisms. Sometimes it was fine, sometimes distracting

4 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I haven't been able to reconcile the fact that this show is not the same one it was in season 1-4. 

This episode did a lot of thing well, visually and especially the music for the episode. 

The flip side of that was the ending felt like really, really weak writing to me and really outside of some minor side characters there wasn't too many emotional moments. Theon's completion of his character arc was great though. 

The whole Night King just felt anti climatic.

To be fair, we assumed this was going to be the climax of the show, and it looks like it's going to be either a fight with Cersei or the political drama after.