Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Just now, kingseanjohn said:

Paid advertising that was suppose to appear as a mistake is my guess. That or it was a genuine accident, which happens.

I like your theory. Probably Starbucks paying well into the seven figures for an easter egg everyone will talk about. 

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Paid advertising that was suppose to appear as a mistake is my guess. That or it was a genuine accident, which happens.

Human error. I feel confident the coffee concessions at these shoots are moving a lot of product. Fact that a coffee cup being used by one of the actors or set hands was left in a shoot is surprising only in that it doesnt happen more often.

35 minutes ago, Leader said:

Human error. I feel confident the coffee concessions at these shoots are moving a lot of product. Fact that a coffee cup being used by one of the actors or set hands was left in a shoot is surprising only in that it doesnt happen more often.

In a major production like GOT. Im surprised it happened. They probably did 20 takes of that scene. And one of the best clips of the bunch they had, had a coffee cup in it. Then they review the final product a couple/few times and still didnt notice it? Its weird and a very odd occurrence.

My neighbor was an extra on Turn. At a funeral scene. They had the funeral and guys started shoveling dirt. They did 40 takes of that one 2 min scene. After each one they had to shovel the dirt back out the hole and clean the top of the coffin.

13 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

In a major production like GOT. Im surprised it happened. They probably did 20 takes of that scene. And one of the best clips of the bunch they had, had a coffee cup in it. Then they review the final product a couple/few times and still didnt notice it? Its weird and a very odd occurrence.

My neighbor was an extra on Turn. At a funeral scene. They had the funeral and guys started shoveling dirt. They did 40 takes of that one 2 min scene. After each one they had to shovel the dirt back out the hole and clean the top of the coffin.

Who shoveled the dirt, the extras?  For 40 takes sounds like they got screwed for 50 dollars a day.

5 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Saw a tweet that basically said:

HBO: "Sorry, no room in the CGI budget to let Jon say goodbye to Ghost"

Also HBO: **digitally removes cup with CGI hours after the airing**

Yep. The director of the episode said what they've always said, the CGI is too expensive. Then he followed it up by saying the goodbye was more powerful the way they filmed it anyways...

I mean are they really that expensive? I don't know anything about CGI, but my goodness that just seems like such a copout every year.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Again - its called human error. You've no idea how may takes of that scene they took - but obviously the cup was an oversight. Nothing more than that.

13 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yep. The director of the episode said what they've always said, the CGI is too expensive. Then he followed it up by saying the goodbye was more powerful the way they filmed it anyways...

I mean are they really that expensive? I don't know anything about CGI, but my goodness that just seems like such a copout every year.

I mean, they could've cut that dragon joyride earlier in the season a little short and made room for it if they really tried.

So far we've heard that Dany "forgot" about Euron's fleet and that goodbye was more "powerful" that way. I've always defended the writing and said to take it for what it is, but these dweebs are making it really hard right now to say that they didn't phone it in. Not to mention how Gendry just forgot his real last name.

Ah, I gotta stop. I feel myself turning to the dark side. 

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. I was never cheering on Danny and always cheering on Ned/Rob/Jon, basically the male stark children throughout the series. 

But everyone considering backstabbing Danny is super weak. Tyrion and Jon cmon... you guys are way better than this. Jon knows what it’s like to be backstabbed and he shouldn’t even consider it. It’s so far and away from his character. 

Danny is not going crazy by any means, she’s just mad and rightfully so. Sometimes you have to sacrifice innocents to save even more innocents. That’s how war has worked for centuries. Also, honor is not meant to win the throne. Jon I feel is too honorable and would not make a great king. But if he kills Danny I guess he’s not that honorable anyways? 

Like I said, was rooting for the Stark Male Children (the girls are annoying) all series to take the Iron Throne. But now I’m rooting Danny cause the backstab talks are super super weak. 

Jon has been nothing but loyal to Dany so far.  His only real fault is that he's too loyal.  His loyalty to his family (cousins) and his sense of honor is why he told them his true identity.  Until she does something truly heinous as Queen, Jon has her back.

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

I mean, they could've cut that dragon joyride earlier in the season a little short and made room for it if they really tried.

So far we've heard that Dany "forgot" about Euron's fleet and that goodbye was more "powerful" that way. I've always defended the writing and said to take it for what it is, but these dweebs are making it really hard right now to say that they didn't phone it in. Not to mention how Gendry just forgot his real last name.

Ah, I gotta stop. I feel myself turning to the dark side. 

Is it really that shocking that in a mountainous island range that Euron's fleet could hide through the fog and hit Dany's dragon by surprise? Not really. The weapon feels unreal, but the calcs from earlier don't make sense either. The most unrealistic thing about those scorpions is how they messed up the other Greyjoy ships. Not how it took down a giant reptile.

Just now, sunnygsm said:

It was not that mountainous. I also don't recall seeing any fog. The dragon's also had an aerial overview. If the ships have line of sight on them, it's unlikely they couldn't see the ships. 

Ships coming from the left around an island. Now, it's on Dany for not thinking to check to her left. But they just surprised her. That's all it was. She let her guard down and lost another dragon for it.