Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 hours ago, drd23 said:

Yep, along with watching "Talk the Thrones" on TheRinger/twitter and Alt Shift X's weekly breakdown

Check out the binge mode podcast if you're a fan of Talk the Thrones. It's just Mallory and Jason talking about the episodes. Sometimes they have some  insight that I actually missed, plus Jason does voices sometimes (they're actually not bad). It's mainly just a lot of fun. They did the entire series leading up to season 7 and there were quite a few episodes that are hilarious. 

47 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Alt shift X is so soothing and calming! 

I can go to sleep listening to that mans voice..

His Varys video is one of my favorites. Also, Sir Pounce is Azor Ahai..that video is just entertaining. 

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Check out the binge mode podcast if you're a fan of Talk the Thrones. It's just Mallory and Jason talking about the episodes. Sometimes they have some  insight that I actually missed, plus Jason does voices sometimes (they're actually not bad). It's mainly just a lot of fun. They did the entire series leading up to season 7 and there were quite a few episodes that are hilarious. 

I've listened to the ones from this season.  I haven't had the time (or desire really) to go back and watch all the episodes so didn't really feel the need to listen to their breakdown of each episode.

I've listed to the Talk the Thrones breakdown from back in their Grantland days

14 hours ago, drd23 said:

I don't think it should be assumed that the Iron Bank will still side with Cersei and give her the money to hire the Golden Company.  Tyco has made it abundantly clear that IBB will bet on who they think will win, not just give money blindly to whoever they have already given  money to, and after Drogon's showing, I'd be willing to bet that the IBB bets on him/Dany

It's very possible that word of this defeat doesn't even reach Braavos until the Golden Company is halfway across the sea heading towards KL. Took Dany and company a while before they found out about the Casterly Rock switcheroo...

I think Cersei laid out a good argument that with the Lannister's, the Iron Bank will always be repaid, but who knows what this Dragon queen will do.  Why should she repay when she can just threaten to burn the Iron Bank to the ground with dragon fire?  This is the daughter of the Mad King after all, and she already burned the slavers alive.

Edited by THE DUKE

2 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

It's very possible that word of this defeat doesn't even reach Braavos until the Golden Company is halfway across the sea heading towards KL.

1) This battle happened pretty close to King's Landing - as evidenced by the mentions of Blackwater Rush and the fact the the gold had made it to the gates of KL but the men involved in this battle were bringing up the rear of the loot train. 
2) IBB won't be giving Cersei any more money until they get the money they are due - Tycho says "you can count on the Iron Bank's support...as soon as the gold arrives" - which, (in a best case scenario) was occurring as the battle was occurring (again, gold just got to KL)
3) I would think that the Golden Company, being a mercenary company, wouldn't just set sail without at least some form of down payment prior to departure - money which Cersei doesn't have at the time of the end of the episode, so they should still be somewhere in Essos

But maybe I'm employing too much logic to the situation and the Golden Company will appear before too long

I'm assuming that the bank is telling Cersei what she wants to hear to make sure they get paid.  Doesn't mean that they won't give future loans, but that will be decided later.  Also, it's been awhile, but I feel like the golden company showed up much earlier in the books.  Do we have a book thread anymore?

37 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

I'm assuming that the bank is telling Cersei what she wants to hear to make sure they get paid.  Doesn't mean that they won't give future loans, but that will be decided later.  Also, it's been awhile, but I feel like the golden company showed up much earlier in the books.  Do we have a book thread anymore?

You can make one

44 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Stannis Baretheon hired the Gold Company, I think. It was when he and Davos hit up Braavos for more money...

40 minutes ago, Acgott said:

So who saves Jamie? He is too heavy for most men with all that armor on. Maybe a few Dorthaki, but I don't know if they can swim.

Drogon is my guess. Hopefully he grabs onto the fake hand.

I think it's Bronn. Not because he and Jamie are friends, but because Bronn wants his money...and if Jamie and his sister won't pay up, Tyrian will pay to ensure his brothers' safety and give Dany a prisoner.