Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

The immediate threat to her was falling buildings and the fire breathing dragon destroying everything in its path.  The only time she looked to be in any real danger from anyone on the ground was when the 4-5 Dothraki were behind her but even then I fail to see how running for her life not to get crushed/burned to death was her forgetting her training. 

In all the chaos her best bet was to just book it and she barely even made it out alive then.  Her staying to fight would have gotten her killed. 

I never said anything about her staying to fight. All I said is she should’ve drawn her sword and she had PLENTY of opportunity to do so.  It should be second nature to her by now so she could’ve done it at any time whether she was running or catching her breath.  She knew the only “safe” place was to get outside of the city walls which was far away with imminent threats around her. In the heat of a battle, a soldier doesn’t keep their weapon sheathed.  

Edited by thrILL!

3 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

They should have used Davos for this. 

Davos is an officer.  He’s not likely to be able to randomly go where the writers want him to go. Arya already had that ability after she parted ways with the Hound. 

21 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Not saying I agree with their decisions but it feels like the majority of ppl in here didn’t watch the Inside The Episode afterward.  D&D broke down all of their decisions including why Jamie returned, how Dany was staring at the Red Keep which her father had built, how Arya was our POV in the chaos.  

Dany's father didn't have the Red Keep built though? 

5 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

Davos is an officer.  He’s not likely to be able to randomly go where the writers want him to go. Arya already had that ability after she parted ways with the Hound. 

I don't see how any of that matters. Just their reasoning for choosing Arya for being the POV for the chaos. Davos is a product of King's Landing and has a much stronger relationship to the city and the people living there.

Plus it would completely negate your complaint about Arya not fighting since Davos isn't a fighter anyway.

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

See if Drogon will let him ride. That or set him free to roam.

I hated seeing the other dragons fall.  

After what Dany did, i WANT Drogon’s corpse to feed all of Winterfell in a celebration feast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

From 2013:

q798s4907yx21.jpg?width=496&auto=webp&s=

GRRM responded to this post: "This guy gets it"

This is the book though. I'm sure the book will do justice in setting Dany up for a scene like we saw. This show? Absolutely made her into a crackling, one dimensionial, evil villain last night. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

There's a quote about a white horse appearing and the person who rides it is named Death. It's foreshadowing Arya being death, which is probably foreshadowing her killing Dany tbh but since she's already killed the NK this season I think it's gotta be Jon who finally gets a meaningful kill.

That's from the highest selling book of all time and it ain’t GoT.  

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

This is the book though. I'm sure the book will do justice in setting Dany up for a scene like we saw. This show? Absolutely made her into a crackling, one dimensionial, evil villain last night. 

Are you sure? Really? Because GRRM is going to die of a heart failure before a book is published. 

6 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

That's from the highest selling book of all time and it ain’t GoT.  

And for the record, if we're going with the rider of the white horse, that's the conqueror.  Death is the pale horse, pale meaning sick or sallow, not white.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Are you sure? Really? Because GRRM is going to die of a heart failure before a book is published. 

I'm pretty sure if he lives to finish the series that it will setup this better if its what he decides to do. I don't know how anyone can think their was sufficient build up to Dany's switch from good to evil. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

Dany's father didn't have the Red Keep built though? 

After the episode D&D mentioned her father adding onto King’s landing.  Isn't the Red Keep the giant red structure?  It looks completely different than anything else in KL.  I assumed they meant that bcuz that’s what Dany was maddogging before she attacked again. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And for the record, if we're going with the rider of the white horse, that's the conqueror.  Death is the pale horse, pale meaning sick or sallow, not white.

Yea exactly. White, red, black, and basically a dying horse... That horse seemed like a pretty healthy white horse. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if these idiot writers still think of it like that though. 

Edited by Spartacus