Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

So after years of being talked out of massmurder by dragon fire she lost Jorah who in her word loved her and she loved back just not in the same way. Lost he second dragon in a short time. Lost he best friend right in front of her and her supporters. Had he new love turn cold to her after it was revealed he has a better blood claim to the throne. And he wouldnt keep it secret. Her world and her one desire was crushed and people are shocked she snapped? IMO she did a good job of keeping it in check but these re ent months were just too much to handle.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So how they gonna kill Drogon? Bran imo is not gonna interfere in domestic affairs. 

Yeah short of Bran warging into him and flying him into the middle of the lake, idk how he could be killed at this point. I was thinking that maybe he just flies away if/when Dany dies? Jon takes him? 

5 hours ago, Spartacus said:

Also I find it funny all these hipster parents naming there kid Daenerys or Khaleesi  after a "Strong Female Character" have now all named their kids after a genocidal maniac who's in love with her nephew. 

I have a friend who named her daughter Daenerys.  Even though she will never admit to it, she had to cringe after watching last weeks episode and have some regret naming her daughter after Daenerys who has now killed 1,000's, and perhaps even more innocent people.

Peace!!!

3 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'd agree that The Bells was a better episode than The Long Night.  I don't think either is in the show's top 5.  Maybe not in the top 10.  I'd have Blackwater over both.

Eh.  There's stuff to love and hate about both.  I probably put The Long Night above Bells for just the spectacle of the thing.  That said, my biggest problem with The Bells was more a failure of the rest of the season.  What Dany did in the episode could have been built up adequately, but it wasn't, by a long shot.  There was way more plot armor and heavy trope use in Long Night though, and the ending was fairly unsatisfactory.  Both episodes did certain things very well (I'm all about how Jaime and Cersei ended myself), but they also fell woefully short in a whole lot of other things.

IMO neither are even close to the top 10, or 20.  Pretty much every episode in Season 2 and 4 are above them.  Pretty much every episode this season except the first episode would be near the bottom if I had to make a list.  Nothing nearly as bad as Beyond the Wall yet though.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

Blackwater is probably the most overlooked great episode of the show at this point, tbh. It's been so long and there has been so much spectacle in episodes since then that people tend to forget about it. 

Isn't it one of the highest rated episodes ever?

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

When is Watchers on the Wall going to get the respect it deserves? 

With the rest of Season 4.  Best season by a significant margin.  Perfect opening episode, Joff dies in episode 2, Watchers on the Wall, and The Children.  Man that season had it all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Once we're a few days past the finale, I'm going to try to pick a GoT top 10.  Might need to do 12 or 15 depending on how much of the bottom of the list I think deserves to be included in the discussion.

This will be a difficult task. I'll partake as well! lol

9 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Any chance we see the Others make an appearance in the last episode?

I'm still holding out hope that they didn't just dump that entire story in such an awful way :(

They're deader than they were when they were dead. 

2 hours ago, pwny said:

Dany has always had these murderous tendencies. She even said in Season 2 that she was going to burn King’s Landing to the ground. She’s just always been held in check by Jorah and Mes, who always reminded her to not bring things to that point.

Now, all she had left around her was yes man Greyworm, a Hand she no longer trusts, and a lover who she knows doesn’t love her. Her center and moral compass were literally murdered in front of her. 

Oh, and don't forget the recent and final word from her best pal, Mes. 

She did exactly that. Enough Ms. Nice Gal. She was done with it.. for better or worse. The people want to be and hide under Cersei's protection? Down they go too. She's not crazy. She just stays in RAGE mode longer than most.