Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Season 6 was fine story wise. Things look to take a downturn when they had their "what if the Civil War ended in a draw" idea along with Disney wrangling them in with other commitments. Far to much on their plate maybe?

I know what thats like. I run businesses and have 4 kids. Other things Id like to dabble in, but cant because it would ripple effect heavily. If talking the money D&D were getting, Id be all for trying to pile it on and handle it.

TBH if D&D wanted to just finish this and move from then then it brings into question why didnt wrap up plots and character arcs in previous seasons so they didnt have to rush it this season. 

30 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

TBH if D&D wanted to just finish this and move from then then it brings into question why didnt wrap up plots and character arcs in previous seasons so they didnt have to rush it this season. 

They killed the Freys, Tyrells and Dorne in 2 episodes. And went into Generic Hollywood Superhero mode with episodes like the Dream Team beyond the Wall.

Maybe they knew they couldnt please everyone with the time left. So targeted the people that enjoy Superhero stuff and pile it with "subverted expectations" for the casuals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

I just watched it last night and loved it.

A lot of people in here are being dorks for the sake of being dorks. 

Just read through 40 pages in the thread. Thanks to @Matts4313, @ramssuperbowl99 and @JonStark for fighting the good fight.

Yep. One of the best shows ever is coming to an end. Hasn't been perfect, there's stuff I'd have done differently, but it's still bar none the best show on TV.

I'm excited for the last episode. A bastard son who joined the lowest order of the Realm, killed a wight, went north of the wall, acted as a double agent for a wildling invasion, lead the defense of Castle Black against the largest army in history, was named the youngest Lord Commander in history, lead the rescue of the Wildlings, fought off and killed a White Walker with a Valyrian steel sword, reawoke from the dead after he was betratyed, charged out in an open battle against the worst PoS in the entire universe, avenged the heinous crimes against his family, became King in the North, rallied the world against the army of the dead, beat them, rode a dragon, and lead the ground forces in the invasion of Kings Landing, all while happening to be the rightful king is going to get on the Iron Throne.

It's an awesome story.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. One of the best shows ever is coming to an end. Hasn't been perfect, there's stuff I'd have done differently, but it's still bar none the best show on TV.

I'm excited for the last episode. A bastard son who joined the lowest order of the Realm, killed a wight, went north of the wall, acted as a double agent for a wildling invasion, lead the defense of Castle Black against the largest army in history, was named the youngest Lord Commander in history, lead the rescue of the Wildlings, fought off and killed a White Walker with a Valyrian steel sword, reawoke from the dead after he was betratyed, charged out in an open battle against the worst PoS in the entire universe, avenged the heinous crimes against his family, became King in the North, rallied the world against the army of the dead, beat them, rode a dragon, and lead the ground forces in the invasion of Kings Landing, all while happening to be the rightful king is going to get on the Iron Throne.

It's an awesome story.

Yep, and wound up being turned into the greatest Gofor in fantasy history.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/3/18528437/game-of-thrones-got-season-8-jon-snow-hero-westeros-daenerys-bad-leadership-dragons

Kind of sad how accurate their examples are because Jon did deserve better. 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Eh, writers getting pissy about people not liking what they did is just as bad as the online backlash.  I don't nerd rage on the internet like some do, but saying a fan can't criticize the show is just stupid.  Especially when there are plenty of logical arguments as to why it was bad.

That's only because you're a pansy!  Nerd rage ftw!

4 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Best to just wrap it up, get ready for the prequels and new frontmen while laughing at what these Star Wars dorks are inheriting.

Hey now, let's not say anything that can't be taken back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

That's a complete contradiction. 

If and that's a big IF. If a movie turns out like Solo then they are stopping productions and releasing press statements saying they need to observe these closer in the future. 

So they do actually care what fans think because they care about their bottom dollar. Now I'm sure they dont care for the opinions but they sure as hell care if they are entertained or not. Because not caring is the big difference between Endgame and Justice League. 

We arent talking about any of those movies. We are talking about GoT which is getting the biggest audiences ever despite fan backlash. 

50 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

We arent talking about any of those movies. We are talking about GoT which is getting the biggest audiences ever despite fan backlash. 

His statement was about studios not caring about fan opinion which just isnt true. If the backlash is significant enough then all studios take notice. Do I think they would actually remake the season? No of course not that is ridiculous to think that. But I would assume most people who sign realize that's the case as well but it's a way to voice their displeasure. 

Which if you get 350K votes there are studio heads that are going to read that and about it and keep mental notes on that. 

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

His statement was about studios not caring about fan opinion which just isnt true. If the backlash is significant enough then all studios take notice. Do I think they would actually remake the season? No of course not that is ridiculous to think that. But I would assume most people who sign realize that's the case as well but it's a way to voice their displeasure. 

Which if you get 350K votes there are studio heads that are going to read that and about it and keep mental notes on that. 

Yeah the backlash if it happens would be with the spinoffs

I think the petition is dumb but there’s nothing wrong with voicing an opinion that this season has been quite bad, which imo it has been. Went from stunningly creative show, good dialogue, good plots, made sense, good action to feeling like Hollywood action film that has a horrible plot, story, and dialogue, and hardly makes sense that is like 30% on RT, and only 30% cause of the CGI stuff. 

We always have fan fiction and the books coming out though. The ending is whatever you want it to be.