Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

Doesn't really change the fact that they took over a "country" by burning people out of their castles does it?

No, but the initial Targ conquest isn't the same as Robert's Rebellion if you are talking about Matt's assertion that Dany's claim to the throne is based on Baratheons being traitors

Just now, drd23 said:

No, but the initial Targ conquest isn't the same as Robert's Rebellion if you are talking about Matt's assertion that Dany's claim to the throne is based on Baratheons being traitors

My point is that it's a bit hypocritical to say conquest by one side is invalid because they're traitors but your conquest is okay. They lost the throne fair and square, just like they won it fair and square in the first place. 

42 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

My point is that it's a bit hypocritical to say conquest by one side is invalid because they're traitors but your conquest is okay. They lost the throne fair and square, just like they won it fair and square in the first place. 

Which is why she's trying to conquer it fair and square.

The Gendry stuff at first was super fanservicey...but it's kind of a fitting thing once they had that scene with Jon.

Whether he lives or dies, represents the Baratheon name here close to the end (which has been at the center of so much) 
I wonder if he'll be different than his father and uncles

12 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

How were Jaime and Bronn not captured? 

That was utter BS to be honest. The only reason I could think of is that Drago's head was blocking Dany's vision of them. She could think they were just charred and no one thought to look for them. Either that or they were drowned and didn't know they washed up on the other side.

I wish they would clarify their thoughts b/c how they missed them is pretty unbelievable.

14 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

How were Jaime and Bronn not captured? 

In the maximum five minutes of Jaime being underwater (and I'm being generous), Dany and her entire army seems to have disappeared from view. Luckily for Jaime.

Annoying, but I'll suspend my disbelief. The writers just wanted a scene with Jaime jousting towards a dragon, but didn't want any real repercussions to stem from it.

13 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The Gendry stuff at first was super fanservicey...but it's kind of a fitting thing once they had that scene with Jon.

Whether he lives or dies, represents the Baratheon name here close to the end (which has been at the center of so much) 
I wonder if he'll be different than his father and uncles

To be fair, the hammer was pretty awesome. It's as if he researched about what his dad used in war and decided whether or not to learn how to use one.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scar988 said:

To be fair, the hammer was pretty awesome. It's as if he researched about what his dad used in war and decided whether or not to learn how to use one.

That was my view as well. He found out he was one of Robert's bastards, so he took to learning the weapon his father used in his adventures.

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Doesn't really change the fact that they took over a "country" by burning people out of their castles does it?

Some castles submitted before being burned though. 

Or in the case of the Vale, fealty was traded for a ride on a dragon. 

Edited by skywindO2