Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

15 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

No joke. Its funny, I read so many comments on the internet that GoT has become predictable. Well, hell, if you are on the internet there are dozens of theories posted every day. Literally every single possible outcome has been predicted. I mean people guessed what Hodor meant all the way back in season 1.  

I don't mind speculation as much as blatant spoilers. At least with speculation there is some build up. With such dedicated fans, theories are bound to play out. My gripe is more with unexpected spoilers. I remember watching a promo in the earlier seasons. Top comment on the video was about Tyrion killing Jamie, Robb dying and something else. That or spoilers dressed as speculation. 

19 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Maybe the night king is a Targaryan somehow?

Bran saw the Children of the Forest make the night king in one of his visions in S6 with the previous 3 Eyed Raven.  They said then he was one of the First Men, and the Targaryans are Valeryan.  I could see it being a Stark though.

On 8/14/2017 at 0:09 PM, sammymvpknight said:

People want a Robert's rebellion spin off just so they can live out their bromance with Rhaegar. 

I want it maybe even a bit further back to see more of Ser Arthur Dayne in action. To little of him.

48 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Bran saw the Children of the Forest make the night king in one of his visions in S6 with the previous 3 Eyed Raven.  They said then he was one of the First Men, and the Targaryans are Valeryan.  I could see it being a Stark though.

I know that him being a Stark is a popular theory. I think it's probably even likely to be honest. 

3 minutes ago, mse326 said:

But they wouldn't just make it any Stark. So are we thinking Bran the Builder's father maybe?

I've heard theories that it could have been his brother, or even Brandon himself. But it all depends on which version they are going with - in the books, the Night's King was an actual person and I believe like the 13th lord commander or something, so the timing is a little different than it is in the show, where the Night's King has been around since before the wall and seems to be somewhat timeless.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I've heard theories that it could have been his brother, or even Brandon himself. But it all depends on which version they are going with - in the books, the Night's King was an actual person and I believe like the 13th lord commander or something, so the timing is a little different than it is in the show, where the Night's King has been around since before the wall and seems to be somewhat timeless.

That's the Night's King, I thought that was a completely different person than this Night King since he was actually offering sacrafices to the Others. The whole reason the wall was built in either book or TV was to keep out the White Walkers who the First Men and Children of the Forest had just defeated. So unless the Night King isn't an original White Walker (which I thought he was) then it can't be Brandon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mse326 said:

That's the Night's King, I thought that was a completely different person than this Night King since he was actually offering sacrafices to the Others. The whole reason the wall was built in either book or TV was to keep out the White Walkers who the First Men and Children of the Forest had just defeated. So unless the Night King isn't an original White Walker (which I thought he was) then it can't be Brandon.

They are different though in the books, as we don't even know that there is a "Night's King" in the manner that the show is using. The show didn't acknowledge the Lord Commander who went by that name, so it seems that they have basically annexed the nickname and applied it to someone/something else that hasn't yet been revealed in the books (if it ever is).  In the shows' version, the Night's King could certainly be Brandon's brother or father, as the timing is right since the Wall wasn't yet up, and we know that Bran the Builder is the one who helped put up the wall and that was basically the end of that battle and the end of the long night. 

Here's a fun theory. When they bring the white walker to Cersei in King's Landing, Cersei will try to ambush the party bringing him in. Instead, Jaime has to take out his sister and call off the dogs to form an alliance against the night king. Jaime acts as commander of the forces from king's landing, but bends the knee to Dany when the battle is won vs. the night king.

4 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

It would not surprise me if we never saw Dany and Jon together again. They've made too much of them that it feels like misdirection. I could see Cersei kill Dany somehow and Jon once again has to take a position he doesn't want.

I think they'll be back together by the end of next episode. 

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Sam has been at the Citadel for months, maybe even years at this point.  He left Castle Black before Jon even got killed as LC of the NW.  Since then Jon has come back to life, gathered a wildling army, retaken Winterfell, been declared King in the North, ruled there for an undetermined amount of time, sailed to Dragonstone, was there long enough to mine a ship full of Dragonglass, sailed to Eastwatch, and has now journeyed north of the Wall with the Regulators.  Point being, Sam's been there quite a long time at this point and has been looking for info pretty much that entire time.  It's perfectly feasible he's stashed stuff to look into already.

Didn't Sam mention something when the Maestor's were gathering around the table reading the note from Bran? Something about he let Bran Stark through the wall x years ago? I think it was maybe two? 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think they'll be back together by the end of next episode. 

Dany's gaze in the episode preview seemed a bit worried, I have a feeling she might be swooping in on a dragon at the end of the episode to rescue some of Jon's party.