Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

Other than Rodgers' status of course, the game will largely come down to our pass rush. Our secondary played great against Chicago without much help from the guys up front. That likely won't be repeated against Minnesota who has better skill players including two guys, Diggs and Thielan, who excel at getting open the longer the play develops. Minnesota's biggest weakness if their OL. If we don't exploit that and get consistent pressure on Cousins, it could be a long day defensively, which we probably cannot afford if Rodgers is limited out there. 

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

This is what I’m telling myself:

Cousins will throw balls that can be picked.

We need to score at least 4 touchdowns.

If Rodgers plays out of the pistol and makes quick passes all night he won’t get hit.

If we win ugly it will have huge playoff implications later.

If we score 4 TDs we win this walking away.

1 hour ago, Siman08/OH said:

This is what I’m telling myself:
Cousins will throw balls that can be picked......

I think if Cousins stays within their system - he'll do fine.
He's not elite talent - salary not with standing - but he's also not Tyrod Taylor or Trubisky.
He's got the best talent around him in his career and he throws a decent pass. If he stays within the system - manages the game as he's more than capable of doing - it will be challenging.

7 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

How would people feel using the 2 QB approach to help Rodgers not take such a risk of getting hit while he heals the next game or 2. We could give Kizer all the snaps at QB, except the last 4 minutes of every half and in the red zone put in Rodgers. 

If Rodgers is healthy enough to play. He plays. If he's not, he doesn't. Black and White. All or nothing.

44 minutes ago, hoekd0250 said:

How would people feel using the 2 QB approach to help Rodgers not take such a risk of getting hit while he heals the next game or 2. We could give Kizer all the snaps at QB, except the last 4 minutes of every half and in the red zone put in Rodgers. 

Not sure if serious, but Rodg is very much a rhythm guy, and you can't develop a rhythm when you're being taken in and out of the game. 

I really think the outcome of this game largely depends upon MM, beginning in practice today. 

1. Will MM design a gameplan that best suits our starting QB (either Rodgers or Kizer)? 
  2. Will MM have his players ready for the Vikings intensity? 
  3. Will MM be able to manage Rodgers if he goes too far off script, and/or starts holding the ball too long to let the longer routes develop? 
  4. Will MM be able and willing to make fast, efficient, in-game changes to the strategy and scheme?

No doubt, the players all share a huge responsibility and burden in preparing well for this game, but MM absolutely must prepare these boys for the battle ahead.  The Green Bay Football Packers have zero room for error and absolutely must not come out flat-footed and slow to start this game.  Can MM do all of this and get his team ready? 

Prediction:  Vikes 27 GB 17

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I think if Cousins stays within their system - he'll do fine.
He's not elite talent - salary not with standing - but he's also not Tyrod Taylor or Trubisky.
He's got the best talent around him in his career and he throws a decent pass. If he stays within the system - manages the game as he's more than capable of doing - it will be challenging.

I don't think he's as good as Case Keenum was last year. 

Archived