Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

3 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

It's a real shame that they haven't figured out how to prevent Rodgers from getting hurt yet. Personally I think he should come out in a red Jersey

Hoping privately that Rodgers gets killed or injured is one thing.  Spouting off publicly is another thing entirely.  Classless.  Rodgers is becoming more injury prone in his older age, which does concern me, and I don’t expect anything less from Vikings players who are coming for him.  I don’t blame them for trying to creme Rodgers - that’s the job they’re paid to do.  It’s incumbent upon the Packers to find a way to protect Rodgers, which I’m questioning at this point. 

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Only I mention three years because you did.

"That’s what I’ve been saying all off season. Last year he had 7 INTs and 1 fumble
Over the last 3 seasons, Cousins averages 12 ints and 10 fumbles
Keenum had a real good season last year that Idt Kirk can replicate"

"I'm counting fumbles recoveries rather than fumbles?"
I dont know what you're talking about. Fumble recoveries for a QB? I never mentioned it.
Look at the stats again. You might note "fumbles recoveries" isnt covered. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

"Cousins averaged 10 fumbles over the last 3 seasons?"
He never had more than 6 in any season.
Look at the stats. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

"Keenum had a read good season last year that idt Kirk can replicate?"
Well you obviously didnt think it over really hard cause Cousins has had better stats than Keenums 2017 numbers - again - for each of the last three seasons.

Nobody's saying Cousins is gonna be a star - nobody - but before you run him down you might want to check what you're saying cause its factually incorrect.

Dude I absolutely hate spelling everything out all the time. I’m talking about fumbles, not fumbles lost. 

And my point of bringing up the last three years for Kirk was to say he hasn’t had a year like Case’s 2017 season 

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Hoping privately that Rodgers gets killed or injured is one thing.  Spouting off publicly is another thing entirely.  Classless.  Rodgers is becoming more injury prone in his older age, which does concern me, and I don’t expect anything less from Vikings players who are coming for him.  I don’t blame them for trying to creme Rodgers - that’s the job they’re paid to do.  It’s incumbent upon the Packers to find a way to protect Rodgers, which I’m questioning at this point. 

People don't really see saying stuff online as public. There is a lot of people full of hate

I wish I had the confidence some do here about the Packer's chances against MN. Even aside from a stationary Rodgers, or worse, a turnover prone Kizer, the lack of a consistent pass rush (outside) concerns me--even with an improved secondary they only can cover for so long. I guess my main hope from this game is simply that Rodgers doesn't get hurt any worse. If somehow they win, that'll be a pleasant surprise.

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Dude I absolutely hate spelling everything out all the time. I’m talking about fumbles, not fumbles lost. And my point of bringing up the last three years for Kirk was to say he hasn’t had a year like Case’s 2017 season 

I dont think you can spell. Go back and read your messages. I think you may want to edit them a bit so they match your current "pared down" comments.

So now you've whittled it all down to fumbles.
Great. Keenums a better QB cause he had less fumbles than Cousins in 2017. HA!

Cousins kicked his *** in every other stat for the last three years - but you're really.....seriously hung up on fumbles. All right. You're entitled. 

Cousins has:
More yards.
More TDs.
No matter.
He fumbles too much.
Got it. Done.

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Keenum had a 6 game stretch. He's not nearly as impressive as you think.

http://www.nfl.com/player/casekeenum/2532888/gamelogs?season=2017

Cousins at worst should be just as good as Keenum last season.

The good thing for the Packers though is that they have a real DC this year, so it won't be as easy for Minnesota or other teams to score on them.

"Cousins, at his worst, will be his best"

?

3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Damn skippy Zimmer knows this.  It all comes down to does MM have a plan to counter Zimmer’s plan, and can our offense execute this plan to have as few 3rd and longs as possible.  Let’s face it, Rodgers will get killed if he has to drop back for more than 3 seconds on third and long.

Zimmer is a smart coach with a talented squad.  I hate the Vikings with every fiber of my being - especially their obnoxious fans - but that team is built well and smart, and I respect that.

I think this is the game Jimmy Graham and Cobb need to ball.

Zimmer wants to play cover 2 and dare you to run ... but Packers can’t because they don’t have the oline to go toe to toe with the Vikings dline. Maybe in pass pro but not in running the ball down their throat. Like the cowboys 2/3 years ago.

But you still want to attack the middle of the field... that’s soft spot. So doing bunches and motion for Graham and Cobb to get free releases in the middle of the field and have Rodgers quick hit them.

That will then cause an adjustment on Zimmer then GB can do what they want to.

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

I think this is the game Jimmy Graham and Cobb need to ball.

Zimmer wants to play cover 2 and dare you to run ... but Packers can’t because they don’t have the oline to go toe to toe with the Vikings dline. Maybe in pass pro but not in running the ball down their throat. Like the cowboys 2/3 years ago.

But you still want to attack the middle of the field... that’s soft spot. So doing bunches and motion for Graham and Cobb to get free releases in the middle of the field and have Rodgers quick hit them.

That will then cause an adjustment on Zimmer then GB can do what they want to.

I like where you’re going here.  Graham wasn’t a big part of the plan against the Bears - or so it appeared anyway - but we really need some options in the middle seams in order to keep the LB’s in check, which opens up the run and some iso routes.  Good assessment.

Archived