Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

11 minutes ago, whitehops said:

i honestly hope the packers protect rodgers this weekend. the vikings defensive line has three players, in their primes, who have made a pro bowl team. the fourth is danielle hunter who is poised for a breakout season and started well by having the most QB pressures in week one (8). the 49ers had some O-Line injuries at RG but the vikings still handled their talent - joe staley was PFF's highest-graded tackle last season and he got a worse grade vs. the vikings week 1 than he did all last season.

Jimmy G was also pressured on 50% of his dropbacks, the most of any QB in week 1. bottom line, for aaron's health i hope he's protected decently well this sunday.

I think the best bet for Rodgers and for the team is get rid of the ball quickly and try not to do to much. Take some shots when they rotate the backups into the d-line. The Vikings don't really have a player to throw at except maybe gedeon and he doesn't play a lot. I'm curious to see if Zimmer goes with 3 safeties at all with iloka. It looks like the secondary will be fully healthy but they have good depth there if not

26 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think the best bet for Rodgers and for the team is get rid of the ball quickly and try not to do to much. Take some shots when they rotate the backups into the d-line. The Vikings don't really have a player to throw at except maybe gedeon and he doesn't play a lot. I'm curious to see if Zimmer goes with 3 safeties at all with iloka. It looks like the secondary will be fully healthy but they have good depth there if not

Waynes can still be had.  Rodgers sent him to the bench, albeit two years ago

I think one of the best chances we have to win is if GB’s defense steps up big and gets off the field early.  If we can continue giving Rodgers the ball back, and at the very least put the Vikings deep in their end (on series where we don’t score), we won’t have to try and score over 24 points to win.  If our D is on the field all day, forget about it.  A well rested Vikings defense, playing with a lead could force offensive mistakes by the Pack.

3 minutes ago, KOTN-93 said:

It'll be curious to see how dinged he is on sunday I know he practiced today and will play but will he be 100%?

I honestly don't even know what the injury was but he stayed on the sideline throughout our the game. It wouldn't surprise me if Hughes got some playing time there yet

Packers Wire with a post on all of the change in personnel compared to the last time these teams met

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/13/change-abundant-since-last-decembers-meeting-between-packers-vikings/

The Packers’ top three cornerbacks that night were Hawkins, House and Pipkins, and Green Bay still limited Keenum to only 139 yards during a cold, blustery night at Lambeau Field.

Of the Packers’ 11 defensive starters back in Week 16, only four are likely to start again Sunday: Mike Daniels, Kenny Clark, Blake Martinez and Ha Ha Clinton-Dix.

Mike Daniels, Muhammad Wilkerson, Kenny Clark, Clay Matthews, Nick Perry, and Reggie Gilbert, with maybe a little Lowry/Adams sprinkled in.

The Pack's front 5 must take advantage of a weak Vikes OLine for GB to prevail on Sunday.

Would love for a redemption game out of Clay and would love for Cousins to go down 3 or more times. 

Should be a good game. I think we match up decently with MN. 

On D,

Our line should penetrate and collapse the pocket. Cousins is semi mobile, but he isn't as mobile as Mitch, so we could end up finishing a few more plays on D (we had a fair amount of pressures, only a couple sacks, with that said, Cousins has a quicker release and is better at reading coverage). I am interested in seeing the chess match in personnel groupings. Against Chicago we used 6/7 DBs most the game, but we should have Burks, and Jones (who has played some LB). Hopefully having more adequate personnel will eliminate the big cutback runs when our guys didn't finish and  backside lost contain (if it is as bad as it was against Howard, Cook will have a big game).

On O

Our OL matches up okay with MN's front. I trust the tackles against Hunter/Griff, worried about the interior. We'll probably see a lot of shotty/pistol, probably some TE and HB sets (personal protector), since MN will do their A Gap blitzes and knows AR won't try to escape the pocket. We'll probably see a lot of muddle huddles and tempo (you can't play too fast against a team that is just going to want to slow the game down and grind, but we need some tempo to slow down rush). I do expect a fair amount of quick passes with some scramble routes thrown in.Their corner group is a little thin (2 of their top 4 corners are beat up), so there is a weakness. I know they won last week, but MN's last 3 games (NO, Philly, SF) they have had some leaks in the secondary, so we could move the ball better than expected.

Should be close. I've heard GB-2 to pickem assuming AR plays which sounds about right.

1 minute ago, 40Year Pack Fan said:

I would say quick rhythm , no huddle type offense (like we used against Chicago) is what Rodgers and Co. need to keep Minnesota's defense off balance.....

Easier said than done. They play defense too. Pretty simple IMO, with a limited Rodgers, our offense is DOA unless MM comes up with a creative game plan, much more creative than Week 1. The last two offenses that put up big numbers on Minny, NO and PHI, both have creative offensive schemes. We need the same. Otherwise, simply saying "throw it quick" isn't going to work because Minny will just sit all over the short stuff and bring pressure on Rodgers who won't be able to move out of the pocket and escape. 

Archived