Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

41 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If King doesn't get his first interception in this game I am calling him a bust until he gets a pick six.

I'm thinking the odds are pretty good that Alexander and Jackson both get their first career (regular seasons) INTs before King. 

Alexander almost had one last week but the ball was tipped by Martinez. 

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

I'm thinking the odds are pretty good that Alexander and Jackson both get their first career (regular seasons) INTs before King. 

Alexander almost had one last week but the ball was tipped by Martinez. 

Yeah I agree.  I'm not worried about either of those two getting interceptions.  I feel like King could have an 8 year career with us and have 2 career interceptions.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:14 PM, cannondale said:

Waynes can still be had.  Rodgers sent him to the bench, albeit two years ago

Good point, however Wayne’s has improved tremendously over the past two years. Mackenzie will also be ready to go this game in addition to  Xavier and Hughes. Hughes has looked amazing so far as evidenced by his pick 6 last week. Oh, and almost forgot about Iloka. He didn’t play last week, but expect some 3 safety packages this week. Aaron ‘walks on water’ (Zimmer),. It will be a great test for both teams. I’m very much looking forward to this game. I would wish you all good luck, but we both know this would be an empty wish. So, may the best team come out victorious.

17 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

Good point, however Wayne’s has improved tremendously over the past two years. Mackenzie will also be ready to go this game in addition to  Xavier and Hughes. Hughes has looked amazing so far as evidenced by his pick 6 last week. Oh, and almost forgot about Iloka. He didn’t play last week, but expect some 3 safety packages this week. Aaron ‘walks on water’ (Zimmer),. It will be a great test for both teams. I’m very much looking forward to this game. I would wish you all good luck, but we both know this would be an empty wish. So, may the best team come out victorious.

Rhodes is fantastic, but if I'm being completely honest... none of the other CBs on that roster scare me at all. 

Hughes pick 6 was the definition of nothing special. Terrible throw by Garoppolo who got skittish with a little pressure in his face and sent it directly to Hughes. Almost every CB in the NFL makes that play (with the possible exclusion of Kyle Fuller). 

Before you start into the homer thing, I'm definitely not... just ask me about the WRs if you think that's the case.

Just calling it like I see it. It should be a good game, I'm definitely excited for this one. 

1 minute ago, Cadmus said:

Rhodes is fantastic, but if I'm being completely honest... none of the other CBs on that roster scare me at all. 

Hughes pick 6 was the definition of nothing special. Terrible throw by Garoppolo who got skittish with a little pressure in his face and sent it directly to Hughes. Almost every CB in the NFL makes that play (with the possible exclusion of Kyle Fuller). 

Before you start into the homer thing, I'm definitely not... just ask me about the WRs if you think that's the case.

Just calling it like I see it. It should be a good game, I'm definitely excited for this one. 

@Cadmus we can agree that we’re both excited for this game. Rivalry brings that outs in us fans. 

5 hours ago, Cadmus said:

Waynes really came on last year, he's definitely a quality starter. Alexander and Hughes are still big uknowns but Hughes received nothing but praise from Zimmer this offseason. Take it for what it's worth, Zimmer is usually extremely hard on rookie DBs and never plays them.

2 hours ago, skibrett15 said:

Best run play we have out of shotgun is zone read, which I'm pretty sure is 100% scrapped based on his injury.

I'd expect this game to be a heavy Ty and Cobb in the backfield game along with a fair share of screens to Jamal and Jimmy

Ty Cobb?

We are going to have SO many penalties...

3 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Who do you think we’ll have matched up vs their WRs?

King v Thielen (doesn’t he play in the slot though?)

Diggs vs Tramon 

Jackson vs Rudolph

or do we stick to Alexanader vs their slot and put King on whichever of the two are on the outside .

Personally I think both Thielan and Diggs are too twitchy for King. I'd rather see him on a guy like Treadwell and have Williams, Jackson, Alexander covering T and D.  

Archived