Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

6 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I like where you’re going here.  Graham wasn’t a big part of the plan against the Bears - or so it appeared anyway - but we really need some options in the middle seams in order to keep the LB’s in check, which opens up the run and some iso routes.  Good assessment.

Graham couldn’t have an effect on the Bears game because every play an edge rusher was hitting him before they rushed. One of the reasons the bears rush died down too.

too busy hitting Graham before he got into his route. So again motion, bunches need to be employed to keep defenders from chucking him at the line and messing up the quick hits.

Just hope McCarthy does this. For a coach that loves TEs he doesn’t really build game plans around them. We have had Cook, Bennett and now Graham.... can’t really remember a game where it was clear they are trying to feature them or scheme them open as the main attacker.

They love their WRs.

3 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Graham couldn’t have an affect on the Bears game because every play an edge rusher was hitting him before they rushed. One of the reasons the bears rush died down too.

too busy hitting Graham before he got into his route. So again motion, bunches need to be employed to keep defenders from chucking him at the line and messing up the quick hits.

Just hope McCarthy does this. For a coach that loves TEs he doesn’t really build game plans around them. We have had Cook, Bennett and now Graham.... can’t really remember a game where it was clear they are trying to feature them or scheme them open as the main attacker.

They love their WRs.

Yeah, it bugs me that we don’t scheme out TE’s more into game plan also.  Did you see Cook last night in Oakland?  He was their primary receiver all night long.  I had Cooper in my FF lineup, and he got one stinking catch last night.  We need to utilize Graham, and putting him and Cobb in motion makes sense to me.

2 hours ago, FinneasGage said:

if you're gonna hang out here for sure chill w/ the big words mr almanac 

Oh believe me I'm just another goofball with access to a football forum. I don't look for trouble, but I should've just ignored him a while ago. I mean no harm.

Will Oren Burks be ready to go? He looks like a very versatile LB.

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Oh believe me I'm just another goofball with access to a football forum. I don't look for trouble, but I should've just ignored him a while ago. I mean no harm.

there's no "trouble" to be found on the internet man lol. it's all comedy. reading heated interactions between individuals about things that couldn't be more pointless like sports is some of my favorite ****. how i get my kicks. still get giddy every time i see "trouble" going down online. seeing people type w/ a complete lack of respect trying really hard to the most right about something that doesn't affect them in the slightest... it's beautiful ****. everything is silly and to me some of the silliest **** i see is how people communicate w/ each other on here 

3 hours ago, Green19 said:

Graham couldn’t have an effect on the Bears game because every play an edge rusher was hitting him before they rushed..... ETC.

Shortened for my poopost

Where's number 02-18? I didn't realize there were this many Greens.

I get to come to Thanksgiving now.

36 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

there's no "trouble" to be found on the internet man lol. it's all comedy. reading heated interactions between individuals about things that couldn't be more pointless like sports is some of my favorite ****. how i get my kicks. still get giddy every time i see "trouble" going down online. seeing people type w/ a complete lack of respect trying really hard to the most right about something that doesn't affect them in the slightest... it's beautiful ****. everything is silly and to me some of the silliest **** i see is how people communicate w/ each other on here 

Having fun at others expense - first world entertainment!

11 hours ago, Green19 said:

Graham couldn’t have an effect on the Bears game because every play an edge rusher was hitting him before they rushed. One of the reasons the bears rush died down too.

They love their WRs.

You could always do this thing where you bring him in "motion" like you allude to in your post. Of course defenses are going to employ strategies to limit or disrupt a WR/TE. You have to adjust on the offensive side of the ball as well. No excuse this week not to get Graham more involved. 

11 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Yeah, it bugs me that we don’t scheme out TE’s more into game plan also.  Did you see Cook last night in Oakland?  He was their primary receiver all night long.  I had Cooper in my FF lineup, and he got one stinking catch last night.  We need to utilize Graham, and putting him and Cobb in motion makes sense to me.

"For starting from page 1 one of the playbook" still pretty evident MM's scheme is WRs winning 1-on-1 matchups. The Rodgers injury helped speed everything up which is what the gameplan should be no matter what. Graham needs to be more involved and motioned at the line. 

Big plays vs Bears. 

• Davante stutter and go beats Amukamara for 50+ yards
  • Geronimo beats Fuller on a go route for 39 YD TD
  • Davante catches quick hitch breaks ankles to get to endzone
  • Cobb & Rodgers playground ball for game winning 75 YD TD

All WRs winning 1-on-1s and Rodgers making great throws. 

Archived