Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

8 hours ago, Siman08/OH said:

If Rodgers plays out of the pistol and makes quick passes all night he won’t get hit.

I think Zimmer knows this.  I don't think he's going to let our wide receivers get open on slants all night.  I'd imagine he will have his CB's in man, playing inside leverage to take those easy throws away.  He'll trust his front 4 to get pressure, but he'll also blitz on third and long.  He's not going to let 12 get into a rhythm.  He knows that 12 will check to the hot read and he'll have safety help ready to tackle that receiver short of the sticks.  

The offense must be productive on first and second down to keep this thing close.  

11 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I think Zimmer knows this.  I don't think he's going to let our wide receivers get open on slants all night.  I'd imagine he will have his CB's in man, playing inside leverage to take those easy throws away.  He'll trust his front 4 to get pressure, but he'll also blitz on third and long.  He's not going to let 12 get into a rhythm.  He knows that 12 will check to the hot read and he'll have safety help ready to tackle that receiver short of the sticks.  

The offense must be productive on first and second down to keep this thing close.  

Damn skippy Zimmer knows this.  It all comes down to does MM have a plan to counter Zimmer’s plan, and can our offense execute this plan to have as few 3rd and longs as possible.  Let’s face it, Rodgers will get killed if he has to drop back for more than 3 seconds on third and long.

Zimmer is a smart coach with a talented squad.  I hate the Vikings with every fiber of my being - especially their obnoxious fans - but that team is built well and smart, and I respect that.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

@Golfman - you targeted Keenums 2017 stats and asked if Cousins could match them. They're not overwhelming IMO and I guess the answer to your question would have to be "yes" - barring injury Cousins will exceed Keenums 2017 numbers because he's done it for each of the last three years.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/15168/case-keenum

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

@pollino14 - cited the last three years in your comment. Here are the stats for those years:

Cousins - 48 games / 13,176 yds / 81 TDs / 36 Ints / 14 fumbles (thats not an average of 10 fumbles a year).

Keenum - 31 games / 12,324 yds / 35 TDs / 19 Ints / 7 fumbles

I dont see where Cousins comes out looking like a bum (my word choice, not yours) - especially in direct comparison to Keenum.
Is Cousins the end all be all? No. Am I a fan? No. Is he worth his contract? Not in my opinion (but the market set the price and somebody was willing to pay it).

Wild card add on:  Far back as I can remember, Cousins played for a WASH team and organization that wasnt "sold" on him. Could never get behind him. Never decide if he was worth their future. Okay - I'm not saying they were right or wrong - but that has an effect on a player. Sure, Cousins was becoming a certified millionaire cashing in all those franchise tag salaries - but he had somebody over his shoulder all the time. Next screw up - he could be pulled. NOW - he's got a team and organization that wants him. Made him their future. Will that turn Cousins into the next AR? No. Could he perform better? Yes. I think he could.

Why are you bringing up 31 games when we’re talking about matching Keenum’s 2017 season? Pick any year of Cousin’s last 3 and he still has way more turnovers than Case.

And then you’re counting fumbles recovered rather than fumbles. Bottom line is he put the ball on the ground which is problematic. 

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Why are you bringing up 31 games when we’re talking about matching Keenum’s 2017 season? Pick any year of Cousin’s last 3 and he still has way more turnovers than Case.

And then you’re counting fumbles recovered rather than fumbles. Bottom line is he put the ball on the ground which is problematic. 

I'm pretty sure Zimmer said that keenum Played with a horse shoe up his ***. There was a lot of truth to that

16 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Damn skippy Zimmer knows this.  It all comes down to does MM have a plan to counter Zimmer’s plan, and can our offense execute this plan to have as few 3rd and longs as possible.  Let’s face it, Rodgers will get killed if he has to drop back for more than 3 seconds on third and long.

Zimmer is a smart coach with a talented squad.  I hate the Vikings with every fiber of my being - especially their obnoxious fans - but that team is built well and smart, and I respect that.

Yeah, they were so much easier to hate with guys like Culpepper and Moss.  They have been doing things the right way for some time now.  

1 minute ago, Cheech said:

Yeah, they were so much easier to hate with guys like Culpepper and Moss.  They have been doing things the right way for some time now.  

Yep, and it pi$$es me off, LOL.  Better to just accept the fact that they’re a formidable apponent than to give their trolls any more reason to spout off about why they think they’re better than us across the board.  I like our team too, and while we’re not a perfectly built roster, we can still compete with the best of them.

13 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

LOL, there’s already 130 comments from Viking trolls on a story about Barr over on PFT, all hoping Barr finishes what the Bears started - to mortally wound Rodgers.  They can all suck a big d!ck as far as I’m concerned.

It's a real shame that they haven't figured out how to prevent Rodgers from getting hurt yet. Personally I think he should come out in a red Jersey

28 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Only I mention three years because you did.

"That’s what I’ve been saying all off season. Last year he had 7 INTs and 1 fumble
Over the last 3 seasons, Cousins averages 12 ints and 10 fumbles
Keenum had a real good season last year that Idt Kirk can replicate"

"I'm counting fumbles recoveries rather than fumbles?"
I dont know what you're talking about. Fumble recoveries for a QB? I never mentioned it.
Look at the stats again. You might note "fumbles recoveries" isnt covered. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

"Cousins averaged 10 fumbles over the last 3 seasons?"
He never had more than 6 in any season.
Look at the stats. http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins

"Keenum had a read good season last year that idt Kirk can replicate?"
Well you obviously didnt think it over really hard cause Cousins has had better stats than Keenums 2017 numbers - again - for each of the last three seasons.

Nobody's saying Cousins is gonna be a star - nobody - but before you run him down you might want to check what you're saying cause its factually incorrect.

4 hours ago, Golfman said:

No, what I am stating is Cousins isn't going to have the kind of year Keenum did therefore, he's a downgrade at QB. Keenum had a career year, no argument. Cousins is going to be a downgrade from that. 

Keenum had a 6 game stretch. He's not nearly as impressive as you think.

http://www.nfl.com/player/casekeenum/2532888/gamelogs?season=2017

Cousins at worst should be just as good as Keenum last season.

The good thing for the Packers though is that they have a real DC this year, so it won't be as easy for Minnesota or other teams to score on them.

Archived