Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

10 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Well, it is Stupid Week here in the Titletown forum.

Remarkably, I've actually come across a couple of smart vikefans here at FF.
(Neither of them post here in our forum)

Hey, I've posted in your forum.

Wait...  what...?

o.O

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

You could always do this thing where you bring him in "motion" like you allude to in your post. Of course defenses are going to employ strategies to limit or disrupt a WR/TE. You have to adjust on the offensive side of the ball as well. No excuse this week not to get Graham more involved. 

Agreed... but McCarthy doesn’t really do these things (or Rodgers doesn’t allow it, sure it’s alittle bit of both). Also I know McCarthy has bunches and motions in his offense but they seem used more to identify coverage rather than dictating to the defense were to go and opening up space to attack.

Just watching the 49ers vs the Vikings you can see what Kyle did to manufacture offense. He did this for Matt Ryan all the time... on this play this will be good for a TD/20yds/50yds/etc, you just need to get the ball there. It’s why Kittle was sooooo wide open at times. Graham isn’t going to have this unless he does it himself.

GBs offense is like the Jaguars’ defense/Seattle’s defense/ Vikings’ defense. It is simple. But why are all those defenses great (Seattle few years ago, maybe not today)? They have superior talent. It’s like yeah you know our call... you still are not going to beat us.

For GB it worked too... when they had Rodgers, Driver, Jennings, Jones, Nelson, Cobb and Finely. I mean look at that depth chart for WRs?!?!?! Heck at one point in time the oline was Bak, Lang, linsey, Sitton, Bulaga. 

GBs offense isn’t that right now. So they will need to manufacture looks to make it easier for Rodgers and when a defense adjusts let Rodgers then do what he always does... just be better then them.

12 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

Lol

Can I ask what your opinion of keenum was last year?

I would agree with the horseshoe up his *** comment.  I think last season was the absolute perfect year for Keenum and I do not believe he is capable of playing that way again.  I think the odds of Kirk Cousins doing that or near that are much greater.  I don't sweat the contract because the next guy is going to get more, that is how the game works.  

I never really bought in to the MM criticism, but I'm starting to. I go back to Holmgren and the things he did differently on a week to week basis, simply light years ahead of MM. His creativity was off the charts. Motion, misdirection, breaking tendencies, all things that help your offense, simply don't exist with MM.

Shotgun with an empty backfield and static receivers has become our base offense. I bought in to the re-vamping of the playbook talk and after Week 1, am less than impressed. Looks like we are going to live and die by the broken play

53 minutes ago, cannondale said:

I never really bought in to the MM criticism, but I'm starting to. I go back to Holmgren and the things he did differently on a week to week basis, simply light years ahead of MM. His creativity was off the charts. Motion, misdirection, breaking tendencies, all things that help your offense, simply don't exist with MM.

Shotgun with an empty backfield and static receivers has become our base offense. I bought in to the re-vamping of the playbook talk and after Week 1, am less than impressed. Looks like we are going to live and die by the broken play

It sucks but this offense is better with Rodgers legs hurt. At least consistent. Because both Rodgers and McCarthy cant just do sand lot plays and just wait 5-7 seconds as the WRs win their matchups.

Kinda weird but I noticed a couple of things when I was scanning the list of Super Bowl winners ( and losers)

The vikes lost Super Bowls to KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh and Miami

The Packers won Super Bowls vs KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh and the Pats. Maybe someday the Dolphins will be good enough to lose to the Packers in the Super Bowl and complete the set.

The other thing I noticed was that the Packers averaged 34 points scored in their 4 Super Bowl wins
The vikes scored a total of 34 points in all of their losses combined.

From The Dope Sheet:

Including playoffs, Green Bay has a 9-3-1 mark (.731) against the Vikings at Lambeau Field under Head Coach Mike McCarthy.

Green Bay has won four of the last five home September contests against the Vikings. 

Through 115 meetings, which includes two postseason contests (1-1), the Packers hold a 60-53-2 edge over the Vikings in the all-time series

The Packers look to win their first two home games of the season for the sixth straight year.

McCarthy 16-8-1 vs. Vikings; Zimmer 4 - 4 vs. Packers

14 minutes ago, Reaper said:

I swear it looked like Graham was being Doubled during the game. If that was the case and that led to say Allisons one on one TD he is doing what is needed. 

Fangio definitely tried to take away Graham, put a safety over the top on Davante's side and left Geronimo/Cobb one on one. 

1 hour ago, cannondale said:

I think Diggs is playing more outside this year instead of the slot, with Thielen getting moved inside, according to an article. 

Seems like Alexander is built to cover Diggs, will be interested to see how we handle it

With Treadwell as the third WR, who is just an outside guy, Thielen has moved into the slot in 3 WR sets. Thielen will get looks on the outside but probably not as much as last year as the Vikes previous WR3 was Jarius Wright, a slot guy.

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Kinda weird but I noticed a couple of things when I was scanning the list of Super Bowl winners ( and losers)

The vikes lost Super Bowls to KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh and Miami

The Packers won Super Bowls vs KC, Oakland, Pittsburgh and the Pats. Maybe someday the Dolphins will be good enough to lose to the Packers in the Super Bowl and complete the set.

That is certainly an interesting coincidence. I hope we get our first one soon!

Not many OTs can handle the Hunter-Griffen combo, but Bakh & Brian B can.

Richardson had a good game on Sunday, so it will be up to Taylor-Linsley-McCray to keep he and Joseph from getting quick pressure up the middle.

I think a quick passing attack is the best way to deal with the Vikings D, so ARod's lack of mobility may well end up being a blessing in disguise.

As for the running attack, it would be nice if Williams was able to pick up a few more yards that seem to be there for him.

Archived