Week 2 GDT - Minnesota (1-0) @ Green Bay (1-0)

Leader

On 9/14/2018 at 9:34 PM, Arthur Penske said:

I abhor the vikes but still don’t root for injuries to them. Getting harder though when almost every Viking fan I know was rooting for Rodgers to be seriously hurt agian after celebrating the collarbone injury last year. 

This'll probably be my last post in this thread until maybe after the game, but who was rooting for injuries? People on FF or people you know outside the forum?

Injuries suck, period. Whether its a teams worst player or their best, you never want to see injuries, even if it means it will help your favorite team win.

I hope everyone stays healthy for this game. I say this not only for their own sake, but  because both our teams should be playoff bound this year. We both need as much help as we can get if we are to get there and make any noise.

OK I'm done. You can go back to hating me. ?

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

Has anyone saw the status' on Burks and JJones? Having those two back makes this defense more fast and versatile. Hoping they're both ready to go. 

Burks is questionable and Jones is out. There seems to be some real hope for Burks to play this week.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

This'll probably be my last post in this thread until maybe after the game, but who was rooting for injuries? People on FF or people you know outside the forum?

Injuries suck, period. Whether its a teams worst player or their best, you never want to see injuries, even if it means it will help your favorite team win.

I hope everyone stays healthy for this game. I say this not only for their own sake, but  because both our teams should be playoff bound this year. We both need as much help as we can get if we are to get there and make any noise.

That would be me. I made a tongue in cheek comment previously and the sensitivity squad cried themselves to sleep that night.

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

You’re right injuries suck and sorry someone notes the injury comment even as a joke it’s stupid. Have a good game but not that good. 

Go pack

My brain says that this could be a game where our young guys might have some growing pains. I'll be watching to see if MM gets his head out of his azz and uses Lewis as the asset he can be. Maybe if he had done so last week Rodgers wouldn't be hobbling. You have to try to punch them in the mouth first. Maybe some 2 tight end stuff ? You can't let that defense tee off from the first snap. If we go with a bunch of empty backfield stuff I may lose my mind. If I were a betting man, I would say we need a special teams or defensive score to help pull this out. Bracing myself for an L.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

My brain says that this could be a game where our young guys might have some growing pains. I'll be watching to see if MM gets his head out of his azz and uses Lewis as the asset he can be. Maybe if he had done so last week Rodgers wouldn't be hobbling. You have to try to punch them in the mouth first. Maybe some 2 tight end stuff ? You can't let that defense tee off from the first snap. If we go with a bunch of empty backfield stuff I may lose my mind. If I were a betting man, I would say we need a special teams or defensive score to help pull this out. Bracing myself for an L.

Dude, Lewis is a straight up role player. He's a 34 year old, slow-as-molasses, blocking TE. 

Archived