NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

4 hours ago, CKS97 said:

People act as if New England has no expiration date and their dynasty is immortal.

It's going to be fascinating to see what happens to the fanbase (millenials and gen Z). They've never been exposed to losing. The team got booed off the field when they lost one regular season game in two years. Gostkowski got death threats because he missed an extra point against Denver in the playoffs. There was an ESPN segment on all the fans that left the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl early because they were down by two scores. There's spoiled, then there's the Patriots fanbase. Just to see what happens when the Pats go from great to good is going to be prime time entertainment.

Edited by Art_Vandalay
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's going to be fascinating to see what happens to the fanbase (millenials and gen Z). They've never been exposed to losing. The team got booed off the field when they lost one regular season game in two years. Gostkowski got death threats because he missed an extra point against Denver in the playoffs. There was an ESPN segment on all the fans that left the Pats/Falcons Super Bowl early because they were down by two scores. There's spoiled, then there's the Patriots fanbase. Just to see what happens when the Pats go from great to good is going to be prime time entertainment.

It's going to be nuclear, it's going to be very bad. Only thing that'll balance it out is a dominant Red Sox team (which would probably still lose to this current Yankees team) or a dominant Celtics team - which, as an Eastern Conference team, is still behind Milwaukee and the entire Western Conference.

It'll be chaos.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CKS97 said:

It shocked me. That game was living proof that talent doesn't matter and that a D+ roster can be salvaged by A+ coaching.

Chargers win that game with a league average coach.

New England was a 5-11 roster propped up by  Belichick

Not for me

I know enough that a defense that plays the zone and can't play man to man have no chance against Brady no matter what.

The Chargers led the league last year with the highest percentage with the most zone play on defense last year (Colts was second)

The Pats have no expiration date as long as Belichick is the HC of the Pats and Brady still plays at a very good level.

My nightmare is that Brady retire or leaves after this year and the Pats have the worst record in the NFL next year and they have the first overall pick for 2021 and they go drafted Trevor Lawrence with this pick!

We have heard about the Pats for 20 years and if this scenario happens, we will still hear about the Pats for another 20 years and they will have 12 Super Bowl in their history in 2040!

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

The Pats have no expiration date as long as Belichick is the HC of the Pats and Brady still plays at a very good level.

My nightmare is that Brady retire or leaves after this year and the Pats have the worst record in the NFL next year and they have the first overall pick for 2021 and they go drafted Trevor Lawrence with this pick!

We have heard about the Pats for 20 years and if this scenario happens, we will still hear about the Pats for another 20 years and they will have 12 Super Bowl in their history in 2040!

Don't worry. TB12 has consistently said he wants to play until he's 45.

Nothing in his play suggests he won't be at the moment. 

Of course, might mean a few more SB's for NE in the near future. 

1 minute ago, PFM18 said:

Don't worry. TB12 has consistently said he wants to play until he's 45.

Nothing in his play suggests he won't be at the moment. 

Of course, might mean a few more SB's for NE in the near future. 

Brady is also free agent after this year ... Even if this is unlikely that he leaves for another team, sometimes we never know!

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Brady is also free agent after this year ... Even if this is unlikely that he leaves for another team, sometimes we never know!

A few years ago, I would never have believed Brady would play for another team.

But after seeing Peyton Manning leave Indy and play in Denver, I could believe anyone would play for any team!

54 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

It's going to be fascinating to see what happens to the fanbase (millenials and gen Z). They've never been exposed to losing. 

I mean, I'll enjoy it, but I don't think it'll be that interesting.  They'll hop on the next bandwagon.

Let's not pretend that 90% of the Pats fanbase isn't made up of people with no connection to the New England area who *just happen* to be Pats fans.

1 hour ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Good, the chaff can leave and the genuine fans can stay. Then you can all love us again :x

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Then you can all love us again :x

this reminds me

I rooted for the pats in the 01 div game(I feared the Raiders more as a steelers fan.. wanted no parts of that offense) and SB36(rooting for the underdog)

if only I knew what was coming with that team O.o