NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I assume your two losses are Chiefs and Eagles? If so, you're expecting to run the table against your Div?

No, those arent the 2 losses, and yes I expect to run the table against the Div, the Bears are head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the division, all the disrespect, the regression talk (that has no factual basis outside of the injuries), its malarkey.  Wishful thinking.  Still the best defensive roster in the NFL by a healthy margin, young ascending QB is entering his 2nd year in the system. The Bears are where the Eagles were 2 years ago and the Rams were last year.  Not sayin it's going to be a cakewalk by any means but here we go, it's time to play the games.

11 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Yeah, yeah keep singing your same song.  The games are about to kick off and we'll find out who's right. 

For sure

but as we sit now the Bears are worth being lower on, better division, 1st place schedule, losing Vic, teams have Nagy’s offense on tape now.

They can totally blast past those with an improved Trubisky. If he can turn into a QB who pushes his team further than the tier he’s on now.

as it stands now I just can’t imagine him winning it with significant injuries to those ahead of him on that list. It’s just not his game at this point. 

12 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

No, those arent the 2 losses, and yes I expect to run the table against the Div, the Bears are head and shoulders ahead of the rest of the division, all the disrespect, the regression talk (that has no factual basis outside of the injuries), its malarkey.  Wishful thinking.  Still the best defensive roster in the NFL by a healthy margin, young ascending QB is entering his 2nd year in the system. The Bears are where the Eagles were 2 years ago and the Rams were last year.  Not sayin it's going to be a cakewalk by any means but here we go, it's time to play the games.

Oh ok, so what's your prediction in these 4 games (Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints)?

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Hi, let me introduce you to Chip Kelly.

99 times out of 100, giving your coach sole authority to do as they please will end in disaster. It's like being judge, jury, and executioner.

Josh McDaniels is another who was a disaster when he had all the powers in Denver.

The only head coach who was also a great GM at the same time in the last 20 years was Bill Belichick ... Outside of him, nobody had success with so much power.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Oh ok, so what's your prediction in these 4 games (Chiefs, Eagles, Rams, Saints)?

4-0, I have losses against Denver (Mile High at altitude with heat is a real HFA), and the Chargers (possible superbowl preview).  Our defense plays everyday against the system the Chiefs and Eagles run, with the Chiefs the talent disparity on defense is so great they wont be able to win a shootout if they can make it one.  Bears would have beat the Eagles in the playoffs last year if not for the double doink.  Did beat the Rams with Mitch playing by far his worst game of the year coming back from a shoulder injury, and the Saints dont ever play well at Soldier.  Again, not saying it's going to be easy by any stretch, but that's the way I see it.

1 hour ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Is this is true?

I don't see why it wouldn't be. I'm not sure what BB's playcalling history has been with the pats in recent years (when was the last time he was the defensive playcaller?) and I dont' think that they have a DC. Mayo is one of the linebacker coaches, so it's only slightly surprising (and that's only because Bret Bielema is also a position coach and he obviously has a history as a college head coach)

1 hour ago, Superman(DH23) said:

4-0, I have losses against Denver (Mile High at altitude with heat is a real HFA), and the Chargers (possible superbowl preview).  Our defense plays everyday against the system the Chiefs and Eagles run, with the Chiefs the talent disparity on defense is so great they wont be able to win a shootout if they can make it one.  Bears would have beat the Eagles in the playoffs last year if not for the double doink.  Did beat the Rams with Mitch playing by far his worst game of the year coming back from a shoulder injury, and the Saints dont ever play well at Soldier.  Again, not saying it's going to be easy by any stretch, but that's the way I see it.

That's brave. Wasn't that the Wentz-less Eagles though?

Thoughts on the Raiders depth chart?

Offense

Defense

Special Teams

Special Teams
Position FIRST SECOND THIRD OTHER
P A.J. Cole      
K Daniel Carlson      
H A.J. Cole      
LS Trent Sieg      
KR Dwayne Harris Jalen Richard    
PR Dwayne Harris Jalen Richard

Personally, it is much more talented than last season. It's probably the best I have seen the Raiders have since being a fan (not saying much). However our schedule is brutal and our D has too many question marks. I think our ceiling is 7 wins.