NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He played pretty well as a first time starter that joined the team 2 weeks before he had to play.

The team was awful, his numbers were not.

They have also had him in 2 training camps since then.

I'd rather pay him than any of this year's rookies and I doubt he is asking for Dak Prescott money.

Not bad 15 mil is a bargain.

Smart move. You throw your support behind Brissett with a nice contract that's below market value for his position but a nice bump for him personally. The Colts have a significant amount of cap space, so it's not like it's a big hit, and if Brissett looks good this season, you have him under contract for another year to see if this is a case of him catching people off guard...or if he's a gem that's been refined to the point of value. 

Once upon a time, Brissett was highly thought of in football circles - Bill Belicheck used a 3rd round pick on him (while having guys like Brady and Garropolo on contract) and Bill Parcells openly lobbied for him to Belly during the lead-up to the draft. He was pretty productive at NC State (not a world beater, but a good QB) with a good football IQ and work ethic coming out of college. He's not going to be learning on the fly this time, he's been in this system for the last two years. He may be physically limited, but not enough to not be effective at this level; He won't wow you with his arm or legs, but he'll get things done.

I personally think he's going to be much better than people assume. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Bears - Packers is not only not the best rivalry in the NFL. Its not a real rivalry at all.

• Rodgers is 16-5 against the Bears.
  • Favre was 22-10 against the Bears.
  • Hundley was even 1-0 against the Bears.

That's 39-15 over the past 27 years.

They have played 196 games, and the record is .500.  Way to tell the whole story.  Before Favre it was lopsided the opposite way for 15 years.

On 8/31/2019 at 5:44 PM, Steelersfan43 said:

Is it an overreaction if I say that Bill O'Brien is worse than Matt Millen as GM?

I have rarely seen anyone do so many desperate trade and move in a short time like O'Brien ... Biggest problem with Matt Millen,who was not his fault is that the Lions had waited way too long before to fire him.

Hi, let me introduce you to Chip Kelly.

99 times out of 100, giving your coach sole authority to do as they please will end in disaster. It's like being judge, jury, and executioner.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Considering the reward often times goes to the QB of the best team, the odds are probably better than #9.

1. I doubt the Bears even make the playoffs. 2. Trubisky needs to take like 3 leaps forward to even be in the discussion. He's an average QB at best right now.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

1. I doubt the Bears even make the playoffs. 2. Trubisky needs to take like 3 leaps forward to even be in the discussion. He's an average QB at best right now.

Yeah, yeah keep singing your same song.  The games are about to kick off and we'll find out who's right. 

6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

14-2, top seed, superbowl.  Chasing Greatness.

I assume your two losses are Chiefs and Eagles? If so, you're expecting to run the table against your Div?

You also play the Rams (in LA, I believe?) and the Saints. These are also wins?

Edited by Hunter2_1