NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

43 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was hoping he would make it with you guys, but the PS is a good start.

Definitely. I think he would have been a lock if not for Isaiah McKenzie and his ability to score whenever he touches the ball.He's basically become an addition to their outside run game. 

Edited by Trentwannabe

47 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

65. Is that arbitrary? Has a team scored 64 or something?

If the Chiefs didn't do it last season, I wouldn't expect them to do it this season tbh. Whilst they COULD, they are now known, with more film, without one of those weapons from last season, and I'm sure I heard their schedule is a bit tougher. 

So, nah, not for me.

It could only happen if they need to do that, otherwise it will not happen...This is the team that is the most likely to do that, because they have a great offense with bad defense (If this defense is not better than last year) otherwise it will not happen

Only 2 teams scored 60 points or more in the last 20 years ... 2011 Saints against the Colts without Manning and the Jaguars in the Playoffs against the Dolphins in 1999 when the Jaguars scored something like 38 points in the first 20 minutes of the game!

Bears - Packers is not only not the best rivalry in the NFL. Its not a real rivalry at all.

• Rodgers is 16-5 against the Bears.
  • Favre was 22-10 against the Bears.
  • Hundley was even 1-0 against the Bears.

That's 39-15 over the past 27 years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

Bears - Packers is not only not the best rivalry in the NFL. Its not a real rivalry at all.

• Rodgers is 16-5 against the Bears.
  • Favre was 22-10 against the Bears.
  • Hundley was even 1-0 against the Bears.

That's 39-15 over the past 27 years.

Yeah, the Bears have rarely won against the Packers ... The week 1 matchup this year and their matchup last year at the end of the season are the only times for a very long time that I believe the Bears will beat the Packers with Aaron Rodgers.Brett favre had like 11 wins in a row on the road against the Bears between 1994 to 2004 too!

It's the same thing for the Steelers and the Bengals, a few years ago many thought it was a rivalry, but Marvin Lewis had beaten the Steelers at home only twice in his career!

The Ravens and Steelers are a real rivalry, no matter what their record is and the quality of their roster ... Rarely we can know who will win before the game and this is very often a close fight on the field and they have often been close in the standing too.

Remember when the Ravens beat the Steelers at the end of the season in 2015 with Ryan Mallett ... The Steelers needed the Buffalo Bills to win against the Jets the week after to make the playoffs...Or when the Steelers won in Baltimore in 2012 with Charlie Batch and the Ravens had won the Super Bowl 2 months later!

We can never be sure who will win this games before each of his matchup.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Yeah, the Bears have rarely won against the Packers ... The week 1 matchup this year and their matchup last year at the end of the season are the only times for a very long time that I believe the Bears will beat the Packers with Aaron Rodgers.Brett favre had like 11 wins in a row on the road against the Bears between 1994 to 2004 too!

It's the same thing for the Steelers and the Bengals, a few years ago many thought it was a rivalry, but Marvin Lewis had beaten the Steelers at home only twice in his career!

The Ravens and Steelers are a real rivalry, no matter what their record is and the quality of their roster ... Rarely we can know who will win before the game and this is very often a close fight on the field and they have often been close in the standing too.

Remember when the Ravens beat the Steelers at the end of the season in 2015 with Ryan Mallett ... The Steelers needed the Buffalo Bills to win against the Jets the week after to make the playoffs...Or when the Steelers won in Baltimore in 2012 with Charlie Batch and the Ravens had won the Super Bowl 2 months later!

We can never be sure who will win this games before each of his matchup.

Which is why the NFL made both of the Ravens-Steelers games Sunday at 1PM 9_9

13 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Which is why the NFL made both of the Ravens-Steelers games Sunday at 1PM 9_9

This is an insult!

I do not know how the Ravens have primetime game this year, but even if the Steelers have the maximun of primetime game (5 games), 2 of our games (both on MNF) are going to be against probably 2 of the worst NFL teams this year (Bengals and Dolphins).I would have preferred his games to be at Sunday 1:00 PM, even if it means that the Steelers would have had 2 less primetime games, since the NFL put us against 2 teams that are expected to be bad in primetime, it's almost a insult!..If it would be in the TNF, that would be one thing, but MNF, no ...

Often the MNF games are unwatchable for several years, and if NBC did not want to put one of his games on the SNF, I think it would have been a good idea that the Ravens-Steelers games are in the MNF at least ... The product would have been better!

16 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Shouldn't they wait to see how he plays first?

He played pretty well as a first time starter that joined the team 2 weeks before he had to play.

The team was awful, his numbers were not.

They have also had him in 2 training camps since then.

I'd rather pay him than any of this year's rookies and I doubt he is asking for Dak Prescott money.

• Like 1