NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I can respect having a terribly misinformed opinion. But I do find it amusing to proclaim them finishing third as being "lucky".

I only said that because I'm not sure how the Colts will be after the whole Luck situation.  They look to be a solid team, but I'm not sure how good their QB is going to be.  So I'm assuming they finish third or fourth. 

Mariota might legit be the worst QB in that division.  He's bad.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

I only said that because I'm not sure how the Colts will be after the whole Luck situation.  They look to be a solid team, but I'm not sure how good their QB is going to be.  So I'm assuming they finish third or fourth. 

Mariota might legit be the worst QB in that division.  He's bad.

That's fine. But he still stumbled us into a 9-7 record last year. And 9-7 with a playoff win the season prior. With Tannehill as backup for any missed games due to injury, I'm curious to see why you'd think we'd sink to the cellar?

4 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's fine. But he still stumbled us into a 9-7 record last year. And 9-7 with a playoff win the season prior. With Tannehill as backup for any missed games due to injury, I'm curious to see why you'd think we'd sink to the cellar?

Well.  I think Houston is the best team in that division as of right now, so I have them winning the AFC South.  I think Jacksonville will bounce back with Foles playing decently well and their defense being really good again, so I have them second.  That only leaves the Colts and Titans.  If Luck was able to play, Tennessee would be the clear 4th best team for me, but obviously he retired so that's a massive hit to the Colts.

I could maybe see the Titans finishing second in the division (if we're assuming the Colts will finish last) if Foles is really bad (like he was with the Rams).  So to correct myself, I should have probably said Titans have a ceiling of 2nd place and could potentially finish last.  I shouldn't have said the best they could do is third.

4 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Being too young (like the Browns in 2017 or the Rams under Jeff Fisher) is normally not a good thing..I do not think many players of the Browns in 2017 are still in their roster this year, even if this team had the most younger roster in the NFL just 2 years ago.

56 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Do you believe Flores on that?

I believe Flores, he is a rather intense man and I wouldn't want to be a player that gets on his bad side. It amuses me when a losing team dumps the players that led them to losing records, and the media consensus is to somehow think the losing team will be losers. Like um, those guys were already losing. That's the guys you WANT gone. 

Now they got young hungry (broke af) guys out to prove themselves and make that money. Coach'em up with X's and O's stuff and let's see what happens on Sundays. 

11 minutes ago, FinSting said:

I believe Flores, he is a rather intense man and I wouldn't want to be a player that gets on his bad side. It amuses me when a losing team dumps the players that led them to losing records, and the media consensus is to somehow think the losing team will be losers. Like um, those guys were already losing. That's the guys you WANT gone. 

Now they got young hungry (broke af) guys out to prove themselves and make that money. Coach'em up with X's and O's stuff and let's see what happens on Sundays. 

I wish I was as broke as Rosen...

Yeah I definitely believe Flores. He's a new coach and won't want to lose anything. I'm suspicious of 'tanking' anyway.