NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

Just now, Forge said:

Flags for offensive holding in the NFL increased by 71% during the 2019 preseason compared to the same time period last year, the result of a yearlong point of emphasis that largely went unnoticed this summer.

Well it didn't go unnoticed during watching the horrendous flag fest that were preseason ...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel said:

Don't make fun.  Water fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous Communist plot we've ever had to face.  They seek to poison our precious bodily fluids.

The scary thing is I cant tell if you're serious or not

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelersfan43 said:

What do you think of this list for the MVP odd?

Guess this settles the Trubisky/Mayfield debate from about a month ago. I'd honestly have several position players and a couple defensive players favored over Trubisky and that isn't a knock on him but he would have to be leading a high powered offense to considered and I don't think that's what the Bears are or will be.

Now that it’s over I have to say that in 40+ years of watching sports nothing has been worse than the 2019 NFL preseason. I would rather watch a marathon of ESPYs than another second of that absolute garbage. 

I am also expecting record ugliness in weeks 1 and 2 since no teams are ready for actual football. The NFL has a real problem and they will lose fans over it. I am going into year 2 of no game pass, no ESPN, and I doubt I even look at a second of the  Live Thursday game this week. ( I will check highlights and box score later)

I will shell out for Red Zone through a sports package but that’s like a max of 10 bucks going to the NFL. 

FWIW - ESPN’s top 100 players before the 2018 season included 5 Chiefs and none of them were named Mahomes. 

Alex Smith as a DC player made that list.

I would not anoint Trubisky because 4 or 5 out of 50 ESPN randos like him this year.