NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

18 hours ago, August4th said:

Saints and Packers have had some brutal playoff loses this decade

fans would be in bad shape if those teams didn't win it all in 09 and 2010

Yeah that's basically how I've thought of it. Had we not won in 2009, I think I'd be taking a long break from the NFL after these recent playoff losses for the Saints.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

@Dome, @Raves, @tyler735 - if the Texans trade Clowney AND a 1st for Tunsil, I'm following the Saints this season (or until BOB/Easterby gets fired).

This is a complete mess. I want nothing to do with it.

Welcome to the club.  At most Clowney should + conditional 3rd (up to a 2nd if Texans make Super Bowl) for Tunsil would be a trade I would consider for the Texans.  Clowney although great does have motor concerns still and is wanting a big payday while Tunsil is desperately needed to keep Watson alive this season.

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah that's basically how I've thought of it. Had we not won in 2009, I think I'd be taking a long break from the NFL after these recent playoff losses for the Saints.

His 3 losses are terribly heartbreaking, especially the losses against the 49ers, Vikings and Rams.

Probably 3 of the worst losses a team had in the playoffs in this decade.

The only others who deserve a consideration were the 2012 Broncos against the Ravens, the Seahawks against the Patriots in the SB and the 28-3 game of the Falcons in the super bowl in 2016 against the Pats (which is for me the worst possible way to lose in sports, especially a championship)

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

Or maybe you can follow your old team to glory ;)

Don't worry, we have room for you on the wagon.

...so, Clowney, the entire 2020 draft, and Hopkins for Tunsil's tax attorney. I'd take that deal before going for the Titans.