NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

8 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Are you agree with this list?

Not far off the mark, think it's maybe a little too early to but Nagy up there, great first year. Frank Reich also did great last year too.
And Gruden 2,0 hasn't earned that.

Riverboat Ron and Sean McDermott are two pretty good HCs, not the sexiest, but better than most.

But some combo of these names should be in an top 10 list.

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:
5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

There has been a lot of rumors that the Zeke deal has been done for over a week. I think Zeke just doesnt want to show up yet. Jerry pretty much just confirmed Zeke is signed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/jonmachota/status/1166777976920449024

the ol' speak it into existence method

He's at a fan luncheon, so I'd take it with a grain of salt

19 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Are you agree with this list?

Louis Reddick's last job was with the Eagles.

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Not far off the mark, think it's maybe a little too early to but Nagy up there, great first year. Frank Reich also did great last year too.

Riverboat Ron and Sean McDermott are two pretty good HCs, not the sexiest, but better than most.

This is a reminder that your fanbase was begging to have Pederson fired like 10 months after winning a superbowl. 

Not directly reacting to that list, which gives him some respect, but I think the national media really misses the boat on Harbaugh.  The Ravens won 10 games*  and yet they don't have a single player who is anywhere close to the top 50 players in the NFL on all their lists, and yet Harbaugh is also thought of as a guy whose job should be on the line because they fell off after winning the super bowl to only an above average team.

*a legit 10 games, they actually where unlucky in wins, by DVOA and point differential

Edited by wackywabbit

On 8/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Danger said:

Do the Phins still have an extra 2nd after trading one for Josh Rosen??

I'd definitely be willing to give the Texans a 2nd + additional assets involving players and later picks.

Yes, draft-day trade with the Saints gave them two 2nd rd picks, one in 2019 and one in 2020. They used the 2019 pick to trade for Rosen. Leaving the extra 2020 pick. 

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:
33 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

This is a reminder that your fanbase was begging to have Pederson fired like 10 months after winning a superbowl. 

Matts you’ve been around long enough to know better. It’s what we do.

Blow off steam and voice displeasure. The players sucked it up beginning of last year.

To me it’s always been a callback/reverse jinx kinda thing. Make the thread and complain, and usually at that point the person wakes up and gets things on track.

You can love and respect someone but still criticize them when they screw up or don’t live up to what they can do. That’s Philly sports in a nutshell..

We aren’t fine with regular season accomplishments and living in that middle tier for years on end when they should do better.

36 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Not directly reacting to that list, which gives him some respect, but I think the national media really misses the boat on Harbaugh.  The Ravens won 10 games*  and yet they don't have a single player who is anywhere close to the top 50 players in the NFL on all their lists, and yet Harbaugh is also thought of as a guy whose job should be on the line because they fell off after winning the super bowl to only an above average team.

*a legit 10 games, they actually where unlucky in wins, by DVOA and point differential

John Harbaugh is very underrated,same for the Ravens.All the talk in this division are on the Browns right now but I think the Ravens are going to be a threat in this division.

34 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Matts you’ve been around long enough to know better. It’s what we do.

Blow off steam and voice displeasure. The players sucked it up beginning of last year.

To me it’s always been a callback/reverse jinx kinda thing. Make the thread and complain, and usually at that point the person wakes up and gets things on track.

You can love and respect someone but still criticize them when they screw up or don’t live up to what they can do. That’s Philly sports in a nutshell..

We aren’t fine with regular season accomplishments and living in that middle tier for years on end when they should do better.

There is no chance in hell that Pederson is the 3rd best HC in the NFL. That was more my point.