NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

5 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

I mean, who would you put in front of him? Maybe Payton, but that’s it.

This is going to be in no important order:

McVay

Billy B

Pete C

Tomlin

Andy Reid

Payton

^ Those 6 are all for sure above him

Pederson is in a group with:

Gruden

Arians

Zimmer

Rivera

Harbaugh

So Pederson is somewhere in the 7-12 range for me personally. Probably top 10 though

Edited by Matts4313

24 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

There is no chance in hell that Pederson is the 3rd best HC in the NFL. That was more my point. 

Ooooookkk

Arguable for sure, probably below Payton for most. Though Payton has gone from overrated to underrated since the super bowl win. Sheer years and recent success probably should be 3.

Can see the reasoning someone would have to put McVay below DP since he’s yet to beat Doug. And the McVay love waned after that Super Bowl performance...especially when you contrast that to what Doug did the year before to the Pats.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Ooooookkk

Arguable for sure, probably below Payton for most. Though Payton has gone from overrated to underrated since the super bowl win. Sheer years and recent success probably should be 3.

Can see the reasoning someone would have to put McVay below DP since he’s yet to beat Doug. And the McVay love waned after that Super Bowl performance...especially when you contrast that to what Doug did the year before to the Pats.

Doug sucks

giphy.gif

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is going to be in no important order:

McVay

Billy B

Pete C

Tomlin

Andy Reid

Payton

^ Those 6 are all for sure above him

Pederson is in a group with:

Gruden

Arians

Zimmer

Rivera

Harbaugh

So Pederson is somewhere in the 7-12 range for me personally. Probably top 10 though

Nothing against McVay, but his offense scored only 3 points in the last super bowl against the Pats ... The Eagles had scored 41 points the year before in the super bowl against the Pats with a backup QB ... I know that the Pats had a way better defense in 2018 than the year before, but still, McVay was outcoached by Belichick like crazy in this game and Peterson had the best against Belichick the year before .... 41 points given by the Pats against the Eagles were the most ever given for the Patriots in 40 playoffs games in the Belichick era

Also Peterson is 2-0 against the Rams and his two games were on the road for the eagles and that includes a win as 13.5 points underdog in the last december!

I like McVay, but it's not crazy to say that Peterson is better than McVay right now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

The Eagles had scored 41 points the year before in the super bowl against the Pats with a backup QB

And with 2, not 1, 2 incredible OCs that did the game planning in 2017

Every Eagles fan will tell you that losing them hurt and their team regressed offensively after losing them.

right @Kiltman @Danger?

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

And with 2, not 1, 2 incredible OCs that did the game planning in 2017

Not even the staunchest Eagles fan will tell you that losing them hurt and their team regressed offensively after losing them.

right @Kiltman @Danger?

Always important for a HC to hire good assistant coach!

How more ugly the Super Bowl would have been for McVay and the Rams if McVay would not have had Wade Phillips as DC in the Super Bowl?

I think as of right now Doug Pederson deserves to be 4 behind Payton. Doug is the type of coach who has an extremely high floor. He's not some innovative genius but he seems to have good command of a locker room and team. I think as of right now his way of coaching is very sustainable in that John Harbaugh model.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

I think as of right now Doug Pederson deserves to be 4 behind Payton. Doug is the type of coach who has an extremely high floor. He's not some innovative genius but he seems to have good command of a locker room and team. I think as of right now his way of coaching is very sustainable in that John Harbaugh model.

Good command of the locker room? 

The same locker room that had vets yelling in Wentz's face and calling him a terrible teammate? And then leaked it to the media? 

Then they had to ask other vets to go to social media and kiss up to Wentz?

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, Matts4313 said:

The same locker room that had vets yelling in Wentz's face and calling him a terrible teammate? And then leaked it to the media? 

And they still made a run in the playoffs with that locker room. Every team faces adversity it's how it's handled. 

Doug did as well as any coach would have especially given the fact that the qb looming was the first one to win a superbowl in franchise history. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

How about the locker room that weathered the storm despite countless injuries and were a drop away from the NFC Championship game?

And c’mon, all of that negative press about Wentz was some benchwarmer or Golden Tate over-complaining. The ‘yelling’ and ‘terrible teammate’ business was apparently Sproles telling Wentz to stop brooding while he was rehabbing in 2017 and help the team. What did Wentz do? Aid Foles (aka grind film with him all day) on the way to a Super Bowl victory. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, RBreezy said:

How about the locker room that weathered the storm despite countless injuries and were a drop away from the NFC Championship game?

And c’mon, all of that negative press about Wentz was some benchwarmer or Golden Tate over-complaining. The ‘yelling’ and ‘terrible teammate’ business was apparently Sproles telling Wentz to stop brooding while he was rehabbing in 2017 and help the team. What did Wentz do? Aid Foles (aka grind film with him all day) on the way to a Super Bowl victory. 

Doug Sucks. 

giphy.gif

(for anyone asking why I keep doing this - its an inside joke between me and the Eagles forum. Anytime I bring up Dak, they say "dak sucks")

• Like 2

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

Doug Peterson is 4-1 in his career in the Playoffs and every one of his games, his team were underdog!

Look, all I know is we play the Eagles all the time. Jason Garrett routinely out coaches Pederson. Maybe its a divisional thing, but outside of 2017 when his offense was carried by the coordinators, he just hasnt been that impressive to me. 

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Can someone tell me what makes McVay a better HC over Pederson? 

@RandyMossIsBoss always picks McVay over Douggy P in our league. And honestly as a culture and build up. McVay had very little to work with and has built a juggernaut. He took the worse team and turned that sucker around. 

@EaglesPeteC Moss is a wise man with his choices.