NFL General Random Thoughts Thread

11sanchez11

19 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

N'Keal Harry will be the biggest WR bust since Charles Rogers.

Only reason for me would be due to injuries slowing the start of his career and affecting his acclimation to the game. If healthy and playing against the Giants this week, I'll have no worries. He needs the reps though, going into the season.

Edited by DoleINGout

8 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Only reason for me would be due to injuries slowing the start of his career and affecting his acclimation to the game. If healthy and playing against the Giants this week, I'll have no worries. He needs the reps though, going into the season.

Rogers also had injuries......

20 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Again, injuries affecting him this early on will increase his chances of busting. However, if he is playing in the fourth pre-season game getting the necessary reps in, then I wouldn't be worried about it. Harry could be injury prone in the NFL, however his college career suggests he will be durable and reliable in multiple aspects including availability. If available and active in regular season games, I have no reason to believe Harry will be a bust like Charles Rogers.

24 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

The other major difference is how these young receivers are managed by their organizations. Matt Millen publicly admitted to mismanaging Rogers around the time of his injuries. The Patriots are the most successful football franchise over the last two decades and have a track record of excellence in dealing with injured players as well as supporting players in general with their private matters. I have almost all of the confidence in the world in the Patriots whereas with the Lions back when Rogers was playing, no one considered that franchise a model organization. Also, aside from the expectations of different draft positions as already mentioned by another poster, the backgrounds of the two players you compared are completely different. By all accounts, N'Keal Harry has a much greater work ethic, family support structure, as well as character in general.

On 8/22/2019 at 7:45 AM, candyman93 said:

None of the names on this list surprise me except, T.J. Hockenson. I could see them all busting.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2850350-what-to-make-of-disappointing-nfl-rookie-preseasons#slide8

I agree, none of those were surprising. 

Interesting about Gary, they said he doesn't seem to know how to 'Corral the quarterback' after he beats his blocker. Some guys seem to have a problem with this. They dont have that extra step of closing speed and can't get guys to the ground. 

Then there are other guys like von Miller and aaron donald who seem to accelerate into the QB. They can smell the blood. I used to say this about aldon Smith, he would strike a QB like a cobra striking prey. 

Elite QBs are always good at getting rid of the ball at the last second to avoid negative plays. Brady and Brees two of the best all time at doing this. If you don't have that closing speed, you aren't going to get them on the ground. 

I never saw the upside with Gary. He should have been a second round pick

6 hours ago, CKS97 said:

And he was really freaking good. But the pot and injuries wrecked him. Man those Lion teams had promising WRs.. Roy Williams, Titus Young and Charles Rodgers sheeesh. Won’t mention the Mike Williams lol he was pretty trash till a Ok season in Seattle 

Edited by ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI